Where's the Digital Clock and how do you turn off 4G to go to 3G?
Komikino

Ok, just did the update and so far so good... exccept for two things.

1) I had a digital clock on my home page prior to the update. After the update, it's gone and I can't find a widget for it. There's one for the anaolg clock but seriously, who wants an analog clock? Is there a way to get the old one back or do I need to find an app for a digital clock. I tried running some digital clock apps when I first got the RAZR but none of them worked.

2) My phone, prior to the update, was left in 3G mode 90% of the time to conserve battery life. Now that the update is done, it's been in 4G mode all day and I can't find a way to revert it back. I have now had to recharge my RAZR after basic usage that I would do in 3g mode that would've left the battery with plenty of charge. Please tell me there's someway to get it back into 3G mode.

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where's the Digital Clock and how do you turn off 4G to go to 3G?
azpicnow
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can use this Free app to help ya do the switch between 3G and 4G.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff

Thanks to b33!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

I know they got rid of the choice to switch to 3G only.  Also there were changes made to the included widgets which may have included the digital clock.  I am not sure if there is an app to control the 3G only.  Also you may want to check to see if there are any good digital clock apps to add as a widget.  I personally have not really looked as I tried to keep more of the larger stuff off my home page to keep it clean with other widgets (like calendar and weather).  I use the clock in the notification tray for my time keeping.  Good luck.

0 Likes
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

I much prefer the analog clock with Gingerbread. If I could change the color of the clock, or have it on a solid rather than a clear background, the analog clock on ICS would have been ok.

0 Likes
azpicnow
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can use this Free app to help ya do the switch between 3G and 4G.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.andirc.lteonfoff

Thanks to b33!

0 Likes
jd12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem - 113dbm 4G and use a Network Extender and i down loaded the LTE off app early today and it seem to work ok.

0 Likes
Komikino

Thanks! That worked!

0 Likes