Videos will not play
Kristakanee10

Recently my Droid Turbo has been acting up by not playing videos. Every time I attempt to watch a video from my gallery, Facebook, Instagram, chrome, or YouTube, a pop up shows saying video cannot be played. I've tried restarting my phone, clearing my caches, and it works for about an hour. I've tried looking up this problem but nothing has been if use to me that I've found. I recently found that videos on Tumblr sometimes work, but that's as consistent as it gets.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Videos will not play
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kristakanee10 We want your phone to work properly with playing videos. Have you downloaded any thrid party video players from the Play Store? If so, it would be best to uninstall those apps. Have you made sure that the phone and apps this is happening with are all updated?
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kristakanee10

I've gone through my phone, and I have not downloaded any third party video

players from the playstore, that I'm aware of at least. I've tried deleting

updates and redownloading them to YouTube, and I've tried clearing the

cache but nothing works. I've checked my phone to make sure it has the

latest updates and it does. I'm not sure what else to do or how to fix it,

especially since almost all videos aren't working now. At first I believed

it was only YouTube, but now I've come to realize Facebook videos don't

work, videos that I took don't work, and videos in general on the internet

don't work. Other social medias, like Tumblr and Instagram work, but that's

it. Could too many apps and not enough storage be an issue? I have 9% free

storage and I could delete apps I don't use often, but I'm not sure if that

will help.

On Sep 4, 2015 7:52 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's very good feedback, Kristakanee10. Reading it, I was looking for any mention of your Turbo's available memory. And sure enough, you mentioned it! Yes, it is entirely possible that the usage of 91% available memory could be contributing to the issues with videos. One way to confirm that (without having to delete any of your stored data) would be to look at the video resources that do work. You've mentioned Tumblr and Instagram. Are you accessing either through your device browser (Chrome) or do you have applications for either loaded to your Turbo?

If you're using Chrome to access those or other sources that do work, then please sync your Turbo with a backup service (I recommend Verizon Cloud http://vz.to/1fNIY1j ). Once you've successfully backed up your data, then clear some (not all) memory and try your videos again. Please let us know how that goes.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes