Unlock XT912 for other carriers
Blacktongue

I bought two Motorola Droid Razr in 2013 (I think). They were bought with a two year contract to Verizon. I fulfilled the contract and then went to another carrier. I quit using those two phones at that time. I still have them. I would like to use them with another carrier as text and voice only backup, so I need a very cheap plan.. Other pay as you go plans are much cheaper than on Verizon.

Are these phones unlocked and if so am I able to use them with other carriers? Waht if the other carriers Verizons network?

Who can I call to remove all the limitations from these phones, since I fulfilled my contract?

Thanks,

RBradshaw

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Unlock XT912 for other carriers
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Verizon has had their phones unlocked for years. That phone will suck for other carriers just to let you know. Only has band 13 for LTE no other carriers use that. It has 1900 and 1700/2100 but only for HSPA. You'd be lucky if another carrier let's you even use it

0 Likes
lorenzop_vzw
Verizon Employee

blacktongue, I certainly understand your eagerness to be able to continue using your Motorola Droid Razr phones. I will be glad to clarify. Per our device unlocking guide, neither our 3G or 4G phones are locked: Device Unlocking Policies | About Verizon Please note that although your Droid Razr's are unlocked, you may have a different experience than expected when attempting to activate these phones on a different network, as they were specifically designed for use on the Verizon Wireless network. Let us know if this helps to clarify.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Specs here:   Motorola Droid RAZR XT912 - Specs - Phone More

Dates back to 2012.   Back then they didn’t bother making phones compatible or unlockable.  It would have its best chance on a Verizon MVNO.

0 Likes