Trouble ever since Verizon Rep made major Mishap on my account.
bradmac88
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was having issues with my Razr Maxx freezing and force closing so I did a master reset as informed to do by a Verizon rep on 6/17/2012 at 10:54 pm. I am in my home area of Tawas City,MI 48763. That same rep then asked if I had any other Devices around to check if it was activation's issue or a device issue. I got out my old Samsung Intensity 2 and we went through the activation steps on that device and it also did not activate. So then the representative asked if I had another sim card. I had went to my local store and purchased a spare just in case something like this should happen.We began the activation process. After about 35 minutes of no signal and 3 more master resets I was able to cal and text but their is still no data coming through and Verizon states that the sim has not fully activated on their network. I am at a loss as to why the representative on 6/17 had me try the basic phone. I have gotten no answers as to why or any solutions as to how this is going to be resolved. I am currently in a 3G coverage area and only pulling a 1X signal with -92dm. I have also tried switching from CDMA/LTE to CDMA only and also have data roming on and Data is enabled. My PRL is 15130 and my phone is the most up to date version. Please help me figure out what is happening and what can be done to resolve it. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Trouble ever since Verizon Rep made major Mishap on my account.
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

If you have already master reset the phone 4 times, you have tried a new sim card and still cannot get data, then ask for a replacement handset, there is obviously something seriously wrong with the phone. I am perplexed as well as to why the rep ( in tech support I presume) asked you to try to activate a different phone, probably to determine if it was the phone or a network issue. I have also never heard of the sim card not fully activated on the network excuse. I was under the impression ( correct me if I am wrong) that the phone will not function at all without a functioning sim card. You cannot get past the emergency call screen without a functioning sim card in the phone.

0 Likes
bradmac88
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the 3rd Razr maxx in the last 3 weeks I have had with this same

exact issue so I am skeptical about getting any other devices. The 1x or 3G

is controlled by the Sim so it can have a partial activation.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It's the other way around the Sim controls the 4G but it also stores the important information for the Phone. At any time when the Card was installed was the Sim touched by Accident:  Sim cards are Very Sensitive in nature and if there bent or if there Touched the Static Electricity + Plus oils in a persons Fingers can cause the Sim to Fail or cause implications in the device So it very important how there Handled..b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bradmac88!

I'm so sorry your data is not functioning correctly! I want to get this fixed! Was the new SIM card the one you were having trouble activating? Have you tried removing it and reinserting? Are you still unable to connect to 3G? Please let us know so we can assist! 

Thank you,

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bradmac88
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tried 4 different sim cards now. Still no 3G. Tech support has had

me remove it and reinsert so mang times I have lost count. Plus so many

master resets.

On Jun 22, 2012 2:29 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
mithmal
Contributor - Level 1

I would be asking for a different phone for your next replacement.

0 Likes
bradmac88
Enthusiast - Level 3

They refuse to send anything but a refurbished razr maxx.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

After you go past the 14 days Unfortunately this the case you have to settle with a Refurb..

0 Likes
bradmac88
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am aware but the copious amount of Droid Razr Maxx refurbs is becoming

quite ridiculous. Since March 25th I have been through 12 refurbished Droid

Razr Maxx's. It becomes a little redundant when you run tests on each

device you receive when they arrive to see if the same issues exiist as the

last ones. Something at Verizon needs to change so customers can get

reliable devices when they pay top dollar for the device.

0 Likes