Transferring files from Droid Razr Maxx HD to Macbook
performer4life

I recently bought a Macbook Pro and I've been having some trouble getting it to recognize that my droid is connected. The first time I connected it to the laptop, of course Backup Assistant Plus wanted to install. However, I don't really want to use it and just want to access my files on my sd card. I can't even find the drive in Finder or on the Desktop. I've tried installing Android File Transfer but when I run the program, it doesn't recognize that the phone is connected via USB. IT WILL however recognize when the phone is connected as a camera (PTP) just not as a media device (MTP).

It should be noted that when I plug into my HP laptop, I am able to by-pass backup assistant plus by just opening the files; much like you would in Finder on a Mac.

Please be kind when you answer, as I am new to owning a Mac and I am not familiar with a lot of settings.

Thank you for your help

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Transferring files from Droid Razr Maxx HD to Macbook
clownround

performer,

I have the same phone.The short answer is it does not work.

Here are some of the things I've tried, but none of them work:

- Install 'Android File Transfer', (ATF) a free program written and maintained by Google with no support.  Does not see phone.

- Install 'Motorola Device Manager' (MDM), but ATF still does not recognize my phone.

- Get a replacement phone and start fresh, still does not connect.

Here is what does work:

- Connect phone to a Windows computer, use Windows Explorer and you can see phone and files.

Verizon killed the useful file transfer features of the old 'Backup Assistant' software to force people into buying 'cloud services' and make you and I pay a monthly fee forever.   Apple, Google and Verizon all have competing cloud services so they have no vested interest in interoperability for us.

For now, I just hate Verizon until contract expires, then I'll buy an iPhone.

0 Likes