SMS Notification
Izzy333
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both myself and friend bought Droid in Febuary. He was able to change his sound notification for textm and does not remember, I tried going into settings > sound as well as sms settings neither of those worked. After the update is it still possible to change the sound of a notification for a text?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: SMS Notification
B33
Legend

Sure! Go to --> Messaging --> Open then Tap Text Text Messaging --> Then tap your Settings an Scroll to the Bottom to Notifications Settings --> then Select Ringtone then Follow then Make your Selection an Set it .. b33 Smiley Happy

0 Likes
SMS Notification
Izzy333
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats what I've tried but the only selection are the stock notification. I've have at least 3-4 custom ringtones for a phone call notification but I none of them can be used for sms

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have to create a separate notifications folder in the storage (internal or external SD) area of the phone and place your custom notification tones in there for the phone to recognize the files as notification tones. When the phone does recognize the tones then they are added to the selection list for notification tones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's Cool Ann Can set up some Instructions just to kind of show how go from were to were to set them up Separately for the Post..

0 Likes