Recovering text messages
JPS01

I have a motorola droid turbo, This is my second device. The first droid had a defect and it was sent back to verizon and replaced with an identical model. My question is, can text messages that were lost during a manufacturers reset on a previous device be recovered on the replacement device?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recovering text messages
deloused
Master - Level 3

If the texts were set to save/backup on the previous phone using an app like Cloud they could be restored thru the sync function of that app, otherwise they wouldn't be recoverable

View solution in original post

deloused
Master - Level 3

If the texts were set to save/backup on the previous phone using an app like Cloud they could be restored thru the sync function of that app, otherwise they wouldn't be recoverable

alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

JPS01,

Lost texts messages are never fun. I know that I like to go back to my texts & refer to some that have important information in them. deloused is correct, if the texts were backed up with an app such as the Verizon Cloud, then restoring them would be an option. If you used the Verizon Cloud to back up your contacts, pictures & other content, the texts might  be able to be restored. If you’re not sure if this was done, please open your Verizon Cloud app, click on the upper left corner 3 lines, click on Tools, click on Content Restore. It will then display what is there for you to restore. By the messages, it may say a time frame for when they can be restored. You will check mark the box where it says messages & then hit restore at the top right-hand corner. I’m going to cross my fingers that this works for you!

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

0 Likes