Re: Razor Maxx Gorilla glass just popped in my back pocket WTF?
AZSALUKI
Legend

*sigh*

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

In your back pocket, sitting down, I'd say, yes, that probably is normal.

doesitrealymatter

If you did not take out the insurance it might not be too late.  my daughter did something similar and I just picked up the insurance and payed the $75.00

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I carry mine in my Front pocket all the time -- either in loose Cargo-style shorts or tighter jeans .. i always make a habit of turning the screen torwards my thigh. just in case I bump something while walking around ... I've yet to have any issues with the screen; no cover, no case.  knock on wood.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That is not a Good place to put it. Mine rides on my person in it's Holster that way it's free from stress on the Glass..

0 Likes
mithmal
Contributor - Level 1

Yes i would say that when you sit on your phone and it breaks i would classify that as normal!

MaXGTS

I do the same thing as you.  Hard items such as keys and loose change in my left pocket.  Razr Maxx with screen facing my thigh in the right pocket.  But I've gone one step further and added an Otterbox Commuter case and a Boxwave screen protector.  I think of Gorilla Glass as a selling gimmick.  Sitting down with a smart phone in your back pocket is a BIG "no-no".

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Gorilla Glass is a Good product but any Glass it Will Break and as for the Otto Box Smart Move..b33

0 Likes
donald_schoengold
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you sit on your phone, there is a really good chance that you will break it.  I carry mine in a belt case with the screen always turned in.

I sure hope that you get what you deserve when you brink it back - nothing.

DON

drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

I would say that carrying it in really any tight pocket would put a strain on the phone and thus the glass.  I have had mine in my front pocket with the screen toward my thigh.  I started this habit when I had my Droid Inc.  But my DInc was a much smaller phone and easier to carry in my jeans pocket.  With this phone I can feel the strain as I sit.  I can do it if I have a large front pocket in say cargo shorts or slacks.  Beyond that I have an Otterbox Defender case with a belt holster.  I keep the phone turned in (it has the option to turn out and be used as a stand).  Yes the case is quite bulky but it is better protected.

0 Likes