RAZR M Unmounts SD Card When Connected to Charger
rnetts

Seems like since I did the last update (could be coincidence) my Razr M will unmount my SD card when I connect it to my charger. It has done it more than once (every time since I noticed it was happening) and with both my home and car charger. SD card works after a reboot. SD card also works in a card reader on a windows PC. I did loose some files the first time it happened (changed several files, all not in a folder to 0Kb and a date of 1/1/1980) but none since then.

RAZR M

Android 4.1.2

System 98.18.94.XT907

Build 9.8.1Q-94

Build Date Sep 25 14:55:25 CDT 2013

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: RAZR M Unmounts SD Card When Connected to Charger
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing details relating to your device today rnetts! We always want your device to be fully functional at all times. Have you recently formatted your SD Card? Have you attempted to test with an alternate SD Card? What error message appears on the device? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
HeroKane

I also have had the exact same issue with the Razr M. It started after the last update. If my phone is powered on when connecting to my charger it has a triangle icon that apears and says the card has been unexpectedly removed. I power cycle the phone and then it is fine. If I connect to the charger when the phone is powered of first and then power on there is no issue. I assumed It was an issue with the update and would be corrected soon. Note: It happens every time, not just occasionally.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This sounds like an incovenience, HeroKane. Have you tried the steps that were posted above? Let me know if that worked.

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes