Re: Power button not working, Motorola Turbo
BrianPaul98
Enthusiast - Level 1

My power button also broke about 2 months ago due to dropping the phone and I've been scouring the web for a fix to reboot it. I saw a lot of apps that claim to do just that but also a lot of comments saying they don't work or you need to ROOT the phone... It just seems like a big risk to mess with all that and possibly mess something else up. On my phone I can wave my hand over the screen so the motion sensing brings it out of sleep mode so that's not a problem but not being able to restart the phone is getting to be a big problem. I was told the phone should be restarted at least once a week and it's been like 2 months since the last restart so it's not updating the wireless service and now the phone stopped ringing when I get calls. The only way I know if someone called is if they leave a message. Anyway with the help of Verizon (yeah no joke right, they were actually helpful) I found a very simple way to restart the phone. All you do is hold the DOWN volume button and touch the HOME  screen icon (the one in the middle that looks like a house) at the same time. Just hold the down volume while touching the home icon for about 10 or so seconds and viola the phone restarts!!! It's ringing again and a bunch of stuff updated so I'm really happy. I never let the battery completely die so I don't know for sure but I read that a Qi charger will work to turn it back on. With the Qi charger I have I must take the phone out of the case and turn it sideways due to the location of the charging coils I guess. I use an Itian Ai charger (A18 5W10W) that I got off ebay for like $12.00 and it wakes the phone up fine and charges great but like I said I never tried to turn it on using that method since I always keep it charged. Anyway I hope this will help someone

Re: Power button not working, Motorola Turbo
HollyWhitt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I Have a Moto Z 2. This morning I got up and was checking my phone and out of nowhere the volume up button isn't working nor the power button. I have had this phone for a few years. I just switched back to Verizon and using this phone 2 days ago. Otherwise it's been in it's case sitting on my nightstand. Will the trick for restarting work on this phone as well? I am willing to bet that if I go to Verizon they're going to suggest I get a new phone. I can't afford one, hence the fact that I opted to use this one. I never had a problem with it before. 2 years ago I needed a cheaper plan so I switched services. I would've continued to use this phone but the service I switched to didn't give me that option. 

0 Likes