Notification sounds for no reason
rpothier
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone is making the notification sound dozens of times an hour for no apparent reason.  There are no texts, emails, updates, etc. shown when this sound is made.  I have checked the settings and I can't find anything that would be causing this sound.  Frequently, it happens in "twos" -- one notification sound immediately followed by another.  Then, a few minutes later, same thing.

It has driven me to the point where I have had to shut off the sound.  But, obviously, when I do this I can't be notified when there is really a text or email, etc.

Any ideas?

Labels (2)
Re: Notification sounds for no reason
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How strange is that, rpothier?
I'm sure that was quite annoying!
I'm curious to know whether or not the device makes the same notification sounds while it is in safe mode http://bit.ly/OJWrbo.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

Do a factory reset, it was the only thing that resolved my husband's same issue.  On the other hand, I have the phantom flashing light and the factory reset did not resolve it.

0 Likes
pjt

I got similar notifications and what I found most frustrating was that there was no visual notification in the notification area.  I shut off all my programmed notifications and what I think I have found by process of elimination is that when you transfer from wifi to data or the reverse you get a notification sound.  So if you have any wifi connections that you have connected to previously and wifi is on then you will get a notification when the phone transfers connections or even if the phone sees a connection with the same name as a previously used wifi connection.  Every time I leave my house or return home with wifi on I get multiple tones as the wifi signal transfers to or from data.  I have also found that if you have a weak data connection you will get notification tones when you lose the signal.  It seems to be the only thing I have been able to figure out.

0 Likes
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

That was my first thought also, but I was able to eliminate it as the source of my issue.

0 Likes
rpothier
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ended up doing a factory reset, and the problem has been corrected.

0 Likes
Mizzk
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I do a factory reset and will I lose everything on my phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mizzk, this is a wonderful question! A factory reset would cause all information on your device to be removed as the device is returned to it's original factory settings. I would recommend backing up your device to a cloud service, such as Verizon Cloud, before performing a factory reset. Here's how you can perform a factory reset on the DROID RAZR MAXX: http://vz.to/1ZKfsMF.

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes