Not getting Wi-Fi available notifications
Bob69

When I have the WI-fi turned off on the Motorola Razr but the wi-fi notification turned on, and I go to download when at home, I do not get a notification that a wireless network is available.  The system automatically goes to the wireless to do the download.  When I look at the info sheets on this it says that the phone is supposed to notify if there are available networks.  Is there something that I have not done to make this work properly?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not getting Wi-Fi available notifications
Wildman
Legend

Yes that option only works when the wifi is on..   If the hardware is disable it cant detect s network..  That is design.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If you havent setup a wifi network the device will automatically use the devices data connection...  There is usually a option under the wifi settings menu that allows you to enable the option for the network to notify you of availible networks in range when the wifi is on but this is usually disabled because of the battery drain do to the wifi scanning all the time.

You should be able to open the wifi menu and scan manually and select the wifi connection you want to use..

20120518203446.png

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it sounds like someone already setup the phone & when you're in range, it auto selects wi-fi & you connect.

0 Likes
Bob69

Thanks for all the answers folks.  But none of them really seem to be the answer to what I am seeking.  Yes I have set up a network on the phone, I have my home network on the system.  But I usually leave wi-fi turned off, but do have notifications turned on for when I am going on line to tell me that there is a network available.  Maybe it is that the notification only works when the wi-fi is turned on?

Again I thank everyone for their answers and their thoughts

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Yes that option only works when the wifi is on..   If the hardware is disable it cant detect s network..  That is design.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

For the Wi-Fi:  I got my Maxx set up with Smart Action an with it i Don't have to Mess with Turning it on or off. When i leave leave Home it switches to the Network An when i return it switches back to the Wi-Fi. By it Self.. b33

0 Likes
Bob69

That appears to be what is going on.  The way that it reads in the system it will do this even though the wi-fi is turned off, but guess that what they say is not the actual truth?  Thanks

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Wildman has a Great Solution Have you tried it With any Results..b33

0 Likes