No sound from smart action
VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

I just got my Razr and am trying to figure out how the smart actions work. But cant seem to get any sound out of them.

This is a really basic action that I created:

Trigger

- WiFi connection: Any WiFi network

Actions

- Ringer Volume: 100%

- Ringtone: DROID Speaks

I am assuming that as the phone connects to a WiFi connection, the ringer volume is set at 100% and the ringtone plays.  It seems to be partially working because as soon as a WiFi is turned on and connects the action shows up in the notifications, but without any sound.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No sound from smart action
B33
Legend

Did you make Sure that Both actions were on and set ?

Here are some Tips on the Smart Actions App: Give it a Look it help me when i set up mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43RSLFfujW0

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/mod_detail/a_id/72041

How do I use the smart actions application?

Click on a category below to learn more

Video instructions    

Getting started      

Create rules     

Edit & delete rules   

Rule status     

Settings controlled by Smart Actions     

Conflicts      

How do I remove a single address stored in Smart Actions under the "Locations" trigger?         

Troubleshooting     

Check out the Smart Actions others are setting up, and get inspired about what you can do.

Fed up doing the same tasks over and over again? Let Smart Actions do them for you. You can create rules to do things like automatically dim the touch screen when the battery is low, set your ringer to vibrate at work, and set a different wallpaper at home.

Here are some definitions to get you started:

• Rules: These are what it's all about. Select tasks to perform (actions) and when to do them (triggers).
  • Samples: Some helpful rules to get you started.
  • Suggestions: Some suggested rules based on how you use your device.

ImageEven when you don't have the app open, Smart Actions is working for you. Suggestions happen automatically—you’ll see the new suggestion notification icon Image in the status bar. Just flick the bar down to see the suggestion.

CREATE RULES

To create a new rule, touch Image in the rule list, then choose an option:

• Add a sample: Choose a sample rule—saves you the trouble of creating it yourself.
  • Start from scratch: Create your own rule from scratch.
  • Copy from existing rule: Copy and modify an existing rule—handy when two rules are very similar.

Next, select your actions and triggers:Tip: A rule with multiple triggers is only activated when all trigger conditions are met. If you don’t set any triggers for a rule, you’ll have to manually enable and disable the rule. (To manually enable/disable a rule, touch the icon beside its name.)ImageTo remove an action or trigger from the rule, touch and hold its name, then touch Delete in the pop-up menu.When you’re done, touch Add Rule to add your rule to the rule list.

EDIT & DELETE RULES

To edit a rule, touch its name to see its actions and triggers. Then:

• To add a new action or trigger, touch Image.
  • To edit an action or trigger, touch its name.
  • To disable an action or trigger, drag it to the right to disconnect it from the rule bar. To enable a disabled action or trigger, drag it to the left to reconnect it to the rule bar.
  • To delete an action or trigger, touch and hold its name, then touch Delete.

To delete a rule, touch and hold its name in the rule list, then touch Delete.

RULE STATUS

All of the rules you create are shown in the rule list.

The status of each rule is shown by its icon. Touch the icon to enable/disable the rule.

Active—The rule is activated.

Ready—The rule will activate automatically when all of its triggers are met.

Disabled—The rule is disabled. Touch the icon to enable it.

To check the status of a rule’s individual actions and triggers, touch its name.

The status of each action and trigger is shown by a color indicator:

Blue—Action is active, or trigger condition has been met.

Gray—Action is either inactive or conflicts with another active action, or trigger condition has not been met.

Orange—Action or trigger has a problem. Touch the action/trigger to see more details.

Disabled actions and triggers are disconnected from the rule bar.

Disabled actions are not performed when the rule is activated. Disabled triggers do not help determine when the rule is activated.

To enable a disabled action or trigger, drag it to the left to reconnect it to the rule bar.

ADVANCED

SETTINGS CONTROLLED BY SMART ACTIONS

To see which device settings are being controlled by Smart Actions, touch Image at the top of the rule list. The check status screen shows all settings currently controlled by Smart Actions, and identifies which rule is controlling each setting. This information can be useful for troubleshooting rules that don’t perform as expected. Touch a setting to go to the active rule.

CONFLICTS

Conflicts can occur when multiple rules are active and their actions are programmed to change the same setting in different ways.

For example, you may have a Home rule that sets your ringer to maximum volume, and a Sleep rule that sets your ringer to silent from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am. When you’re home at 10:00 pm, both rules will be active, and will tell your device to do two different things to the ringer.

When such conflicts occur, the Smart Actions app follows the action of the most recently activated rule. In this example, the ringer will be silent, because the Sleep rule became active after the Home rule.

To avoid such conflicts, you can make your rules more specific so they don’t overlap. In this case, you can create a Home Evening rule that’s active from 5:00 - 10:00 pm, and a Home Night rule that’s active from 10:00 pm - 6:00 am. This ensures that the rules will not be active at the same time.

CONNECTIONS

If you have rules that use Location or Wi-Fi connection triggers, the rules will not activate when Location settings or Wi-Fi power are turned off.

Troubleshooting

I Set up a Smart Rule using GPS and it does not work?

If you have rules set up that require use of Location or Wifi, the rules will not trigger if the Wifi or Location settings are turned off. You can verify those setting  by touching Menu > Settings and touch Wi-Fi or Location & security.

I created a rule and it does not work

Check for Conflicts! Conflicts can occur when multiple rules are active and their actions are programmed to change the same settings in a different way.

Example: If you have a Sleep rule that silences a ringer, and a Home rule that maximizes the ringtone sound level AND the times overlap, the Smart Action App will follow the most recently activated rule. In this case, the time for one of the rules would need to be edited for both to work effectively.

How do I remove a single address stored in Smart Actions under the "Locations" trigger?

If you would like to delete few locations then open the SmartActions application->Press MenuImage->My profile->Locations->Long press on the locations you would like to delete and delete option will be available.

0 Likes
VZW_consumer
Contributor - Level 1

Yes both actions are set and on.  When connected to WiFi the action shows as "active" (bright blue icon).  Clicking on the action (while active) shows blue bars for the trigger and both actions.  After going into the phone settings and checking the ringer volume, it did not change to 100%.  The action should have changed it.  So it's not just the sound that is not working but also the volume action.  This is the only action in the list.  I tried deleting it and creating again - same behavior.

I'm still within my 14 day window and am thinking of returning the phone.

Is the problem I am seeing a known issue with these phones ?  What is the fix, if any?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It might be the way you have it set for what your wanting it to do. Usually the trigger Kicks what you want on and the Action Kicks off what you Don't want on. Am i making any Sense Like with My one Maxx I have the trigger set up to turn on my Wi-Fi and the Action Turns OFF the Net Work and i have it set as Home When i leave Home it Disconnects wi-fi and the Net Work kicks on, When i return Home the system triggers back on and it Connects to the Wi-Fi and Turns off the Network.

I also have a Action set up with my headphones when i want to hook them up it. When i Plug in the Jack the Head Phones Triggers and the Action Launches the Application witch for Me is Winamp Now it won't play the Music i have to do that it Just Get me to that Point This maybe what it's Doing for you it's Getting you to that Point but you may have to be the one that still has to Adjust the Volume...

0 Likes