Re: No WiFi after Jelly Bean Update
B33
Legend

Well thanks for putting the List on here Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
Silversteed

The list does not include any Motorola devices.

I am using the Motorola SBG6580 and it worked great until the JB update and now I have to constantly reset my phone and reset my connection to the router.  I just bought a second Razr for my wife, before I realized that JB was so bad, and her phone is having even more connection problems than mine. 

Pretty ironic that a motorola device is having issues connecting to another motorola device.  Any was to go backwards in JB firmware levels?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have no problems connecting to my U-Verse 2WIRE3801HGV, Netgear WN3000RP, and CradlePoint MBR1000.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Silversteed wrote:

The list does not include any Motorola devices.

I am using the Motorola SBG6580 and it worked great until the JB update and now I have to constantly reset my phone and reset my connection to the router.  I just bought a second Razr for my wife, before I realized that JB was so bad, and her phone is having even more connection problems than mine. 

Pretty ironic that a motorola device is having issues connecting to another motorola device.  Any was to go backwards in JB firmware levels?

Well I have the same modem/router and it has no problem working with my Netgear Wireless A/C R6300 Router.

You see if I used just the Motorola as the dual modem and wireless N router I don't know if I would have had a connection problem. However I use it as a cable modem with wireless off, and use the netgear for router only. Seperate function and it connected perfectly.

I have noticed in my Motorola modem numerous errors whereby Time Warner keeps cycling my modem almost daily. I get a hickup but enough to have one of my voip phones to lose the time stamp. but other than that no issues. You don't really believe a Motorola device would not hook to a motorola phone now do you....?  

Message was edited by: Elector

0 Likes
gcracker

Add me to the list of broken wifi after Jelly bean.. My wife & I (both using razr maxx) can no longer connect to our Gigaset router supplied from Frontier at home. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

gcracker wrote:

Add me to the list of broken wifi after Jelly bean.. My wife & I (both using razr maxx) can no longer connect to our Gigaset router supplied from Frontier at home. 

In your case you could do a swap to a different router from your isp. That may not only give you an updated router but may correct your connection problem. Just a thought. You could also have the isp do a firmware push to the router if a newer update to firmware is available.

Hopefully this will correct your situation.

0 Likes
Don573
Enthusiast - Level 2

Again you don't comprehend. My home Wi Fi works fine. Other locations are hit and miss and I really can't tell clients that they need to replace their modem because it doesn't work with my phone after the update.

My main problem is with Verizon's 4G network that could be used in place of Wi Fi. Places I've connected without a problem before the update now have very intermittent or no connection. I'm paying for a data plan that I can't use. The Weather Channel data is in black and white but the ads are in color. NFL Mobile videos will start to play and after about 15 seconds it stops to load and eventually locks up so I have to restart the phone to do anything. Verizon called me today and left a voicemail that sounds like somebody was getting pounded on their back while talking.

0 Likes
Silversteed

ISP's tyidcally only provide modems not routers.  It is not the modem that

is the problem but the connection to the WiFi router.  I am using what I

would consider a high end modem/router combination and after the last

firmware update to my phone, my wifi connection became intermittent and

unreliable.  The system says I am connected but I cannot connect unless I

allow the 4G to do it.  I am also having a similar problem at the office.

I found another blog about Android 4.0+ and read that n routers had issues.

I reconfigured my router to only support g and have not lost connection in

2 days on two different phones (both Razr M) that were both having issues.

This appears to be a Android version issue as it only started after the

last update.

Something to try for anyone else with a similar issue.  At least until

android gets their together and fixes this for those of us that want

to use 802.11n protocol.

Implied profanity deleted

><

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

Don, yeah its possible I am reading your past posts incorrectly. You will have to re-read your posts.

In any case if your home wifi is ok and its 4G that is causing the pain I would not just call verizon I would stop by a company store and have the tech there try and troubleshoot your issues. Just as you explained to me write down all the sites and what time it happens, what you are doing at the time, any open apps and locations you were at.

At the least they (Verizon) may replace your phone or at the least a loaner phone. ( of course I am not sure if they still have the loaner program since I have not had a broken phone for many a year)

I also wonder if your phone will crap out in other friends and clients home if they have an unsupported router.

I wonder what that pounding sound you heard when verizon called?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don573 wrote:

My main problem is with Verizon's 4G network that could be used in place of Wi Fi. Places I've connected without a problem before the update now have very intermittent or no connection. I'm paying for a data plan that I can't use. The Weather Channel data is in black and white but the ads are in color. NFL Mobile videos will start to play and after about 15 seconds it stops to load and eventually locks up so I have to restart the phone to do anything. Verizon called me today and left a voicemail that sounds like somebody was getting pounded on their back while talking.

Have you tried turning off the phone, removing the SIM card, waiting a few minutes, then replacing the SIM card, turning the phone back on, and waiting for the SIM card to re-establish a connection with Verizon's network?  That might help with the 4G connection issue.

You also may want to do a system cache clear (instructions have been posted numerous times on this forum, but let me know if you can't find them); that may help clear up other issues. 

0 Likes