Re: No WiFi after Jelly Bean Update
Not applicable

EMarioC wrote:

So what do you do when you stop in a Starbucks? Ask the barista for carmel machiato and A CISCO?

Loved your reply. You could ask for the cisco-late I have heard they are great!

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have yet to find a WIFI network that I cannot connect to with my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx.

Not applicable

jimfitzgerald wrote:

I have yet to find a WIFI network that I cannot connect to with my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx.

Bet you can't connect to mine.

0 Likes
IHPro

I will join the long list of people who are having WIFI connection p[problems.  I cannot connect to my home network since the JB upgrade.  Never had a problem before .  After spending over an hour with my Internet provided & cycling the router many times and another hour on the phone with Verizon, no resolution.   They reset my phone and still no connection.  Verizon's solution was to send me a new phone.  Got it, still no luck connecting. Never once in the conversation with the Verizon rep (who was very nice) did he mention others were having similar problem.   I can connect to other WIFI just fine and others in my household who do not have Verizon phones can connect fine to our network.  We have the same Actiontec 724 router which was new in mid-2012.  I wish I had never done the upgrade to the new JB system-there was nothing wrong with my phone before and this whole process has been nothing but a big time water for me.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I believe the actiontec routers was one of the listed unsupported devices.

Did you unplug the router and then let it cycle back up fully as I wrote above? If not try that. Please remember to turn your phone off as well after clearing the home network from your phone.

On start up go to wifi and let your phone find your home network. When found click connect and make sure to enter your security key.

If this fails I would access the routers settings and see if there is a firmware update then try again what I suggested.

If it is still nof functional borrow or buy a newer router and see if that works.

People are complaining about having to up date their routers, but amazingly when Microsoft puts out a new operating system and most of your devices no longer function there is not much of a ballyhoo  but people purchase hundreds of dollars of new devices to have it work go figure.

0 Likes
Don573
Enthusiast - Level 2

You seem to have reading comprehension problems. IHPro clearly states that the router was reset many times. Why buy a new router when the next update will likely render that inoperative too? Does someone pay you to be their tool? I haven't had this phone a year and this is the second update that really screwed everything up.

When Microsoft puts out a new program, they don't force you to change to it. I'm still using XP on this laptop.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

The router listed is NOT supported by JB.  Attached below is a list (not complete) of Routers that do work with JB.

JB Compatible Routers

Router Brand

Router Model

Notes

Netgear

WGR614

Netgear

N900 (WNDR4500)

Belkin

F5D7230-4 802.11g

1. 2.4GHz g

Belkin

R5D7230-4

1. 2.4GHz G router

Linksys

EA2700

N600 Dual-Band Wireless-N Router with Gigabit

Netgear

WGR614

54 MBps G router

Netgear

N600

Cisco Linksys

WRT120N

Cisco Linksys

E3000

Apple

Airport Extreme

Belkin

Surf f7d2301 v1

ActionTec

GT704-WR

Linksys

WRT54GS

Netgear

JWNR2000

Cisco

WRT160N

Cisco

WRV210

Ruckus

AP

Zuni

Connect

Apple

Airport

Cisco

WAP4410N

Linksys

WRT54GS v.2

Wireless-G Broadband Router

Belkin

N600

NETGEAR N600

Cicso LINKSYS BEFSR41

netgear

wnr1000 v3

netgear

wnr2000

netgear

wnr3500

netgear

wpn824 v2

dlink

dir-605l

dlink

dir-625

dlink

dir-615

dlink

dir-628

dlink

di-524

dlink

tm-g5240

linksys

wrt54g

linksys

e1500

linksys

e3000

wireless-n

router

asus

rt-n56u

linksys

WRT54GL

TRENDnet

TEW-731BR

US Robotics

5461 MAXg Router

Netgear

WGR614

BELKIN

F7D22301

DLink

DIR-615

Linksys

WRT54GS

Netgear

WNR2000

Cisco

WRT160N

Cisco

WRV210

Apple

Airport Extreme (2.4 GHz)

Cisco

WAP4410N

Ruckus

VF2825

Belkin

F7D4302

Dlink

DIR-826L

Amped

Wireless AP 300

Linksys

WRT600N

Medialink

MWN-WAPR150N

Buffalo

WHR-HP-G300N

Cisco

WAP4410N

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That's Quite a List Jake).  But with my Maxx i don't think i had any issues Hooking up to my N600 NetGear Router.. i'll check again though Just to See..

0 Likes
Not applicable

Don573 wrote:

You seem to have reading comprehension problems. IHPro clearly states that the router was reset many times. Why buy a new router when the next update will likely render that inoperative too? Does someone pay you to be their tool? I haven't had this phone a year and this is the second update that really screwed everything up.

When Microsoft puts out a new program, they don't force you to change to it. I'm still using XP on this laptop.

Did you read Jakeman1 post below? I doubt it. is your router listed? No, its not.

Reading class starts on Monday if you need assistance.

The steps I gave you were accurate. If they don't work for you don't go after the messenger.

And Microsft does not force you to use their OS and that is true. Just go to the Microsoft newsgroups and see how many devices are rendered obsolete after a consumer installs it. Loads of problems so that is the price a person pays for that new OS.

The update may have been forced on you, but in certain conditions problems will arise.

Sorry I don't work for verizon, I and others try to assist others that have problems and you posted here so you have problems.

Being adverse to the advice isn't helping you any now is it?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

The List is compliments of Motorola and is NOT a complete list. It is only one of their moderators keeping track of what people tell them works.

My Linksys WRT310G is not on the list, yet still works as well.

One thing I have gathered as well though is if you have a Router that is NOT supported you can check with the Router company to see if they have a Firmware update for it. Some are working on the update. Some claim the routers are too old and they will not support a new firmware for it.  You can also try one of the many generic Firmware updates but these are always risky.

0 Likes