Re: No WiFi after Jelly Bean Update
coop3hunting
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh really, not with the offers ATT has sent me since I switched a year a half ago and my wife is still with them but she has never had a problem like iI have. This is the second time now on this jb update with the first one they replaced my phone and now there telling me i have to buy a new router, I don't think so.

0 Likes
Not applicable

coop3hunting wrote:

Oh really, not with the offers ATT has sent me since I switched a year a half ago and my wife is still with them but she has never had a problem like iI have. This is the second time now on this jb update with the first one they replaced my phone and now there telling me i have to buy a new router, I don't think so.

What I was trying to say the early termination fees are much greater than a new router. just something to ponder.

0 Likes
Leinad1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bottom line... Verizon Wireless out of courtesy, should at least provide unlimited data plans to all that are having this problem. I understand that times change, and those changes need to be addressed, but I did not get a warning that some routers/modems would not be supported, nor did I even ask for my phone to be updated, or have a choice on the matter. The way this has been handled, has been wrong. We pay a premium for a premium service, therefore it should be treated as such.

Leinad1
Enthusiast - Level 1

With my wi-fi not working on my phone I am left with using my wireless data, there are many times I am not able to use my computer (other family members using it etc...) And my phone is the ONLY device that will not connect. They could have easily avoided this, or at least, let us know those routers would not be supported with the upcoming update and why they won't be supported, and possible work arounds. Give us a heads up, give us a choice of when to do the update... I woke up, and noticed my phone had been updated, I didn't install it, I didn't ask for it, my phone worked great the way it was. Whenever a change causes this much negative feedback, someone dropped the ball. And I know for a fact, it was not the users... "You have to dump your router that is only a couple years old and buy a new one"... Seriously? Come on!

0 Likes
Don573
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a similar problem but my phone connects fine to my home network and has difficulty connecting to Verizon's 4G network since the update. I'm paying for a data plan I can't use! My battery life is crap since the update. If I try to touch an icon on the screen, it scrolls. When I try to scroll, it locks on to an icon. I get more dropped calls than before and voicemails are sometimes delayed a day or more. Every time there is an update it takes weeks to get the phone back to a usable condition. Verizon denies that it is their problem and blames Motorola. Motorola blames Verizon. I'm looking into filing a case against Verizon in small claims court since they sold the phone and the service.

procam
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Cable and DSL companies access these units and push out updates which in some situations do more harm than good."  Uh, I think you forgot one - it appears phone companies do it too...

0 Likes
procam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here here!  Their "solution" of buying a new router will hardly work for me when I can't connect at the airport, or at a hotel, or at a coffee shop....

0 Likes
Not applicable

procam wrote:

"Cable and DSL companies access these units and push out updates which in some situations do more harm than good."  Uh, I think you forgot one - it appears phone companies do it too...

You are absolutely correct. Even with a brand new owned broadband modem Time Warner pushes out updates almost every night. My modem logs show this. But I have no problems with a Docis 3 modem when the previous one was a Docis 2 and behind the times. Oh and now its goibg to a 3.1 which of course makes my brand new modem behind again. It happens and I am a firm believer that technology is deliberately in colusion to make consumers to keep purchasing these products to make billions of dollars off our backs.

Additionally my new A/C router is already on its fourth firmware update so its a vicious cycle.

0 Likes
butchdon
Enthusiast - Level 1

i'm with N7MOO on this. My wi-fi works in my house and elsewhere, but I don't get 4G and it will not connect to the Verizion server to get the Tethered Hotspot function to work. So I should not have to by a new router since my Kindle, wireless smart TV, and other stuff works.

I bought the extended warranty service agreement when I got my Razr, so what are my options here?

0 Likes
revereb

Ever since my Droid Razr Maxx updated to Jellybean, it won't connect to the wifi in my home. It will everywhere else though. My sister has Jellybean and her phone connects to the wifi at home with no problem. I went to Verizon countless times and all they would do is connect my phone to their wifi and it would work. They are telling me to get a new router, but why would I if my sister's phone connects? My brother also has the same phone as I do. After the update his phone connects to the wifi in his home. This is clearly a Verizon problem. I think it is preposterous that I cannot get a new phone that works. 

0 Likes