Re: No WiFi after Jelly Bean Update
dndspokes
Enthusiast - Level 2

My router was installed 3 years ago.

0 Likes
gbraach
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add two more phones to the list of customers who can no longer connect to their in home Wifi networks after installing the latest JB update.

0 Likes
webster1109
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm so relieved that I am not alone with this problem! There is no way that it's our responsibility to pay for new routers to fix a faulty update.  Any business with integrity would send another update to fix this problem.  I hope that this issue gets enough attention so that either Motorola or Verizon actually do something for their customers.

Not applicable

I know this answer wont assist you, but not every device connects to even a new router. Many times it takes setting up the router properly to access your devices. No one said you had to buy a new router. What I always said was to first access the router and see if there is a free Firmware Update. Many times we never check for a new update since the router is functioning as it should.

The next issue is high speed internet modems. Cable and DSL companies access these units and push out updates which in some situations do more harm than good. You must also realize a cable or dsl modem can be turned in to the company and exchanged for a new updated model, at no cost to you.

So lets see modem is free, the router update to the firmware is free so you pay nothing.

Your cell company is not liable for your not connecting to either.

Go to the maker of the router and see if there is an update. Also as I wrote before try turning off the modem and the router and wait a few moments for it to cycle up.Turn the modem on first, then turn on the router. then turn on your phone and let it search for your home network, and then connect.

0 Likes
Stevensc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since this thread started has Verizon had an official word? I've been having same problem. Connects to any network except home. Using a 3 year old ActionTec router/modem combo. Have changed from WEP to WPA. Rebooted router. Forgotten and reconnected to networks. Running Android 4.1.2. I don't have the Router info handy.

0 Likes
gbraach
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Droid Razr phone and an ActionTec GT724-WG dsl/wireless router.  Since the JB update, I can not connect to my wifi network.  Yesterday I spoke with Motorola Tech Support.  They had me wipe the cache partition of the phone.  When that failed to improve the situation, they provided a phone number to  Motorola Level 2 Support.  According to the Level 2 support technician,  Motorola engineers had made a conscious decision not to support my modem in the latest JB update.  Nice to know I was intentionally thrown under the bus!

Stevensc1
Enthusiast - Level 2

gbraach, I use same model. Have you heard of a work around yet?

0 Likes
gbraach
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I have not.  Motorola's response was upgrade the firmware on my router.  They didn't know but they "thought" that might help.

Not applicable

Buy a new router.  They are almost free now.

0 Likes
gbraach
Enthusiast - Level 2

Almost free?  Good, then this is a great opportunity for Motorola to enhance customer relations by replacing the effected routers!