New meaning to "Hot Stuff"...
jimd1050
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had my Razr Maxx for probably 2 months now and this is a first. I took it out of my holster this morning to connect it to my PC at work. As it came out of the holster, I noticed it was extremely hot - so hot, I had to put it down quickly. This has never happened before! I logged in and checked to see if anything might be cranking the processor up but nothing out of the ordinary was running. I shut it OFF and turned it back on - it immediately cooled down and has been normal ever since. I am wondering what could have happened if I hadn't pulled it out when I did? Hot enough to burn up? It's a bit scary... anyone else had this happen yet?

Thanks in advance...

Jim D

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: New meaning to "Hot Stuff"...
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Wow .. scary indeed ...  Did you notice whether you had a solid 4G/LTE and "4 Bars" connection (Blue or White?) ..  Did you try accessing the internet or email just to see if connected?  very strange. If it happens again I would go into the Task Manager or Battery Manager and see what might be consuming CPU (or is that what you meant you did ??)

0 Likes
Re: New meaning to "Hot Stuff"...
B33
Legend

That is Scary my Maxy is Running at 82.4 that's a live reading an According to System Panel App an the Highest it's Got was 92.2 but Nothing above that. I agree with Cody an i would give Moto a Call an let them start a Case on it because there Could be a possibility of a Bad Battery or some thing in the Phone itself if you a have the Full Info i would get to them as Soon as you can.. B33 

0 Likes