New Droid Turbo takes forever to load pictures on social media? ...and other questions!
LaurenFDC

Hey all, I just got my new Droid Turbo a week ago and I've noticed some shortcomings that I'm not sure how to handle. They're not major, but they irritate me. I'll just list them...

-On social media (Instagram and Facebook specifically), the pages load fine but most/all of the pictures take nearly a minute or more to load, if they load at all. Never had an issue with Samsung or previous Motorola phones doing this.

-I occasionally get a popup error that "Contacts has stopped" even when I'm not accessing it or the program is closed (it usually happens when I'm making a call).

-I have a setting to make my Gmail mail sync automatically, but it doesn't always do it, and the phone is supposed to notify me but only does it sometimes.

-How to make "folders" in photo Gallery?

-Google Play music is synced, but doesn't play AT ALL...just "thinks."

I think that's all I have for now. Sorry it's so much, but I appreciate any help you all have! Thanks!!

*Lauren*

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Droid Turbo takes forever to load pictures on social media? ...and other questions!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That's the optimum quesiton, mrsdala4! Thanks for asking that. Yes, Safe Mode disables downloaded apps so that we can determine if the device can perform (as it should) without having to uninstall or delete anything. If you've done this already, please let us know the results of the test. You can put the device back into normal mode once you're done. It's the same steps, only you de-select Safe Mode.

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: New Droid Turbo takes forever to load pictures on social media? ...and other questions!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Congratulations on your new Droid Turbo. We'd love to help make sure your new phone is working properly. For the photos in Instagram and Facebook, Is it that some photos appear and others do not? How are photos in other applications or different websites? As for the Gmail sync, have you checked the settings under Gmail to ensure the sync options are set to your preference. In regards to the folders for the gallery, folders are usually created on their own and based on where pictures are created. For the Play Music, what happens when you try to play songs?

SheritaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
LaurenFDC

Thanks for responding to me Verizon. Here's the answers to your questions...

-Photos: they all eventually show up on Instagram, but it takes at least a minute, sometimes more. On Facebook, it seems they don't want to show up at all (this is on the app). On websites, I don't think I've had a problem. Sometimes on the Play Store it takes a while too.

-Gmail: Yes, the settings are set up correctly as I want them to be.

-Music: the songs just don't play. The app looks like it's "thinking" and it just loads and loads and loads, but doesn't play any music or give me any error messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mrsdela4,

Great information! Let's make sure this is solved for you. Do you notice any difference in these issues if you're on wi-fi vs if you're on mobile data? Have you checked the Play Store to see if there are updates available for any of these applications?

AndrewT_VZW
0 Likes
LaurenFDC

There's no difference in speed (slower or faster) if I'm using wifi or my data. It has the same problems either way.

I have checked for updates -- none available.

I am noticing, too, that pictures DO NOT load AT ALL on Facebook. Instagram, if I'm patient, take 60 seconds or more to load if I just let the phone sit and load. However, I shouldn't have to do this. Sad to say that this droid "turbo" isn't so "turbo" after all. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mrsdela4,

That's definitely too long! I certainly wouldn't wait more than a minute for my pictures to load. Let's get your phone back to working like it should. Can you try this in safe mode? http://vz.to/1Hbrx7D Does it work any better if you do?

AndrewT_VZW
0 Likes
LaurenFDC

" Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) " -- does this mean it resets my phone, or does safe mode allow your phone to temporarily work as if it's basically out of the box new? I don't want to risk losing anything on it, that's why.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I understand your concern, mrsdela4. Safe Mode only temporarily disables third party applications. Once you exit Safe Mode, your content will still be on the device and you'll return to your normal settings.

AndreaS_VZW
0 Likes
LaurenFDC

Andrew wanted me to restart my phone in Safe Mode and try loading Instagram/Facebook? But it disables all downloaded apps, so what am I supposed to do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That's the optimum quesiton, mrsdala4! Thanks for asking that. Yes, Safe Mode disables downloaded apps so that we can determine if the device can perform (as it should) without having to uninstall or delete anything. If you've done this already, please let us know the results of the test. You can put the device back into normal mode once you're done. It's the same steps, only you de-select Safe Mode.

DionM_VZW
0 Likes