My Droid Maxx notifying me I have unread emails and new voice mails when I have none.
DThistle

My Droid Maxx is notifying me that I have 21 unread emails and one new voice mail even though I have no unread emails and no new voice mails when I actually check my email and voice mail.  The unread email notification started at a couple but has slowly gone up.  Is there any way to clear this up?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My Droid Maxx notifying me I have unread emails and new voice mails when I have none.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DThistle,

This is very odd that your are receiving ghost notifications. Let's investigate further. Do you have more then one email account on your device? If so, are you receiving the notifications for more then one email account? Have you tried to remove and readd the email account? In regards to your voicemail notification do you have basic voicemail or visual voicemail?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: My Droid Maxx notifying me I have unread emails and new voice mails when I have none.
DThistle

The only email account I see registered when I check settings for my email is my work account.  I have not tried to remove and readd the account.  What happens is let's say I get 4 new work emails so my mail icon will have the number 4 next to it. I'll click on my mail icon, read the emails, delete them and go back to my phone's home or main page.  Sometimes, despite the fact that I've read and deleted the emails, that number (in this case 4) will remain on my mail icon.  Currently the number is up to 21.

Regarding my voicemail I have basic.  Thanks for any help you can provide! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DThistle,

I can understand how the alerts can be frustrating. You would have set a Gmail account on the device when you set up the device. Have you looked under the Gmail icon to see if you have emails in there.

For your work email have you checked all folders to make sure that you do not have any in another folder?

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DThistle

Thanks for the reply and sorry for taking so long to respond.  My Gmail account is not an issue.  I started deleting any emails I had there and it didn't affect the number of my email notifications.  The only thing that affects the number is the work folder.  I have checked all folders and the only thing affecting the number of email I am being notified are unread is the inbox to my work account which is the only email account I have registered to my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DThistle,

Thanks for looking into the possibility those notifications were driven by your Gmail account. I did have a question for you. It is sounding like sometimes when you read and delete your work emails they do in fact go away along with the notification. Is that right? So this is only an occasional issue?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DThistle

Yes, and this has been an ongoing issue for I think since August.  The unread email number now sits at 27, and my phone also has a voice mail notification of a nonexistent voice mail.  I don't know if it depends on how I check my email (I can either tap the email app or swipe up on my phone if it is idle to get straight to email when one comes in).  However sometimes when I delete emails the number of unread emails does not drop, although it normally does.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information DThistle! We certainly want to resolve this issues for you! What type of email is setup for work (Hotmail, yahoo, etc.)? Please remove your work email from your phone completely, power off/on, then setup your work email again and test.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
DThistle

I tried removing my work email, turned my phone off, and set it up again.  Unfortunately soon after I started receiving work emails the same issue popped up, as my phone says I have 12 unread work emails.  An additional problem I have now is that sometimes work emails are just going to my phone and not my computer at work.  I notice that when I read an email the number indicating I have unread emails takes a really long time to tick down, and perhaps if I take any kind of action before it does it remains at the current number.  Sometimes it ticks down as soon as I click on the unread email.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great details DThistle! Is your work email associated to a particular email client/server (Good Mobile, etc)? Is it a regular email server (Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc)?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes