Re: Motorola Razr Maxx losing wifi connection
Greg_G
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm attaching a capture showing the info I believe you want.  The phone is in excellent condition with no damage.  There have been no changes to the wifi or router.

Screenshot_2014-02-22-23-06-42.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greg_G,

Let's get your WiFi working right! This is a great way to help manage your data usage so I definitely understand your concern.

You mentioned you did a reset. Was it a hard reset http://vz.to/1fBD1Ui? Try running the phone in Safe Mode http://vz.to/Nu60yG and see if your able to connect to WiFi.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Greg_G
Enthusiast - Level 2

A hard reset was done. Even after that the phone will lose wifi after a

period of time. Safe mode does not help either.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 7:29 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
KirbyMom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, too, have a Droid Razr Maxx and am having the same WiFi connectivity problems as Greg_G and I've taken all the same steps as suggested by Verizon Wireless Customer Support and performed by Greg_G and I, too, have had no resolution.  I read this thread and have to give major props to Greg_G for his continued patience in replying to all of Verizon's questions, not getting any help, and still keeping his head from EXPLODING!!!!!!  It's been over a month (1/19/14) since his initial post, and we haven't seen a resolution.  Is there anything else we can do, or are we all just stuck with this defect until our contract runs out? HELP!!

S810
Enthusiast - Level 2

You/We are stuck until Motorola decides to fix the issue. I doubt Verizon

will compensate us even though we have no wireless at home so we have to

use 4G thus potentially making them more money. Really making me not want

to buy another Motorola phone! Samsung Galaxy seems better!

Greg_G
Enthusiast - Level 2

For documentation purposes here's a screen capture showing my phone in safe mode.  At this point WiFi is no longer working and you'll notice despite having full WiFi signal the WiFi indicator is gray rather than blue.  So after a hard reset AND running in safe mode my phone still loses WiFi.  Nothing has changed on the router.  Eight other WiFi devices connected to the router are working fine.

Verizon...can you escalate this issue?  Can you work with Motorola on a solution?  It should be clear by now the cause and fix are beyond my control.

Screenshot_2014-02-27-00-11-41.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to offering you the best device experience, KirbyMom. I did get a chance to review the thread. Can you tell me more about your what you are specifically experiencing?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greg_G, thanks for the visual! Have you tried disabling safe mode in the "Settings" of your device? You may also be able to disable safe mode by pressing/holding the power button until the option menu appears. You will then need to tap Airplane mode to disable it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Greg_G
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you kidding me LasinaH_VZW?  How to turn off safe mode wasn't the question!  I turned ON safe mode because a few posts ago JohnB_VZW suggested turning on safe mode to see if the problem happened while safe mode is enabled.  I only attached the photo because - based on what I've encountered in this thread - the Verizon employees answering these  forums have shown themselves to be extremely dense. I was hoping by posting a photo you folks might understand what's going on since clearly you're not reading the posts with any sort of comprehension.  Good grief!  Clearly you're paid just to post some crappy response without even trying to understand the problem.  I'm not talking to just you either LasinaH_VZW but several other Verizon employees that answer these forums.  There are have been other times during this thread I've been asked questions I've already answered or I've been given suggestions that have nothing to with the original problem.  Hey Verizon.... there's more to good customer support than continually engaging the customer with useless questions and suggestions.   Good customer support means actually trying to solve the problem!

Customers get so frustrated and angry because of Verizon's lousy support.  This thread is a perfect example of why.  It's infuriating when I can tell from Verizon's response that absolutely no effort has been put toward understanding the problem let alone solving it.

S810
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, enough!  Greg, you first have to understand that I could write you

back as a Verizon employee just to (removed) with you for cheap pleasure.  Let

us not assume you are actually talking to a real employee.  We know the

problem because as I posted before I have already done the legwork on this

issue.  I actually called Verizon and Motorola so I knew who I was talking

to was actually an employee.  The problem is from the last update Motorola

put out for our phones PERIOD!!!!  There is no quick fix, Motorola has to

find the problem but if you know code this could take forever to isolate

the issue.  So, is Motorola going to attempt?  We don't know.  What I do

know is voices make action.   You need to call Verizon OR Motorola over and

over, en force people, to get them to listen and maybe do something.  I

believe I am paying for a service that I am not getting therefore Verizon

should compensate somehow.  They should pressure Motorola to fix or they

should compensate us in some way.  CALL CALL CALL PEOPLE!  I will call, you

call, have people not involved call but just call!  Google Motorola contact

number and call.  Call Verizon at least once a day asking if there is

anything being done or what they are going to do to compensate.  Then post

responses on this thread.  Stop wasting your time waiting for them to come

to you.  GO TO THEM!!!  Or you can just keep posting your frustrations of

going nowhere (removed) and imagining your head spinning as they take

you in a circle.  Good luck or give up and the soap box is yours!

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator