I wished was Built like D.X..

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Love My Maxx But!
terryr97
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am!  Sounds like you are too. Its a great phone. Worth being hailed as the best. It just needs alot of tweaking to subdue all the bloatware. 🙂

View solution in original post

curiousgb
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why? What is it about the DX? The price of the RMaxx is now in my price range and I want to upgrade but am afraid because of the issues with the screen that I am hearing about.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I love everything about my Razr Maxx and have no screen issues.

0 Likes
draythomp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm one of the folks that had my screen break early.  I got it on the day it came out and had to replace the phone because the screen cracked.  Nope, didn't drop it, I took a picture and it split right down the middle of the screen the long way.  One lady had it crack straight across the middle the short way sliding her finger across to wake the phone.

Avoid this phone, at least until Verizon or Motorola step up and take responsibility.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Do you have any idea what percentage of phones sold have this problem?  While that doesn't help you, if it's very low, there is probably no reason for people not to purchase the phone.  If it's relatively high, then maybe they should.

0 Likes
draythomp
Enthusiast - Level 3

No clue what the percentage is.  It is probably low right now since the phones (Maxx) haven't been around that long.  However, there's an increasing number of them posting on the web.  It's hard to tell how many since the various names may change as they move from forum to forum.  Also, a lot of folks just take it in the shorts and replace the phone rather than look around the web for other people with the same problem.

I suspect the number is several hundred because there are roughly sixty or so that have come out of the woodwork and complained about it.  So about triple that number to allow for folks that just don't have the time to post about it.

As for purchasing the phone despite the warnings...that's totally up to the individual.  Since there is no recourse other than getting a new phone or paying the 100 dollar deductible to the insurance company; I trust they will make the right decision for them.

Then, when they accidentally set on it in the car and the screen breaks; I can do a resounding, "I told you so."  Not very satisfying, but ......

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I find this whole issue of the screen just mysteriously cracking to be fascinating. I come from a DX that had the same Gorrilla Glass (supposedly). After 19 months, no protective case or protective screen, throwing it in my pocket, basically ignoring it until I needed to use it, flawless up until the day I switched to the RAZR MAXX...  Now (2 months later), the RAZR MAXX, same scenario - no screen, no protection, just in and out of my pocket as needed throughout the day. I do not babay this thing at all. In fact a recent 15 day triup to Italy - it was my ROCK (WiFi, Music, cached Maps, Games - everything but cell phone calls)  .. the screen is still in perfect condition. So I just don't get it about these things just suddently breaking when nothing is done to make it break ... very strange.  I guess I'll eat crown once it happens to me, but so far so good.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I think it would have to be a bad batch of glass.

0 Likes
draythomp
Enthusiast - Level 3

jimfitzgerald, I'm beginning to think you're right.  There's a bunch of us that have had the thing fall apart and a bigger bunch that haven't had any trouble.  I could easily be a bad batch of glass, a battery that expands under heat, or any one of a ton of possibilities.  The annoying thing is their constant denial to person after person of any reported problem.  Do they really think we can't read and don't talk among ourselves??

This is the freaking 21st century fools and most people can read.

For crying out loud.

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

I had a Galaxy Nexus since January and finally got tired of the issues and was sent a Razr Maxx. I have to say, the screen on the G Nex may be HD resolution, but the Super Amoled Pentile screen on the Maxx has whiter whites and more saturated colors in general. I compared them side by side. The higher resolution screen was duller in color. The only advantage to the G Nex screen was that small print was more clear....but I'm being really picky here.

0 Likes