Lost data connection
fourotwo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in an area with full 4G LTE coverage, and all of a sudden yesterday, I lost my data connection. (4G LTE logo on pull-down settings menu stays orange). I've tried airplane mode, turning data on/off, rebooting the phone... nothing works.

VZW support on the phone said there were no outages or issues reported in my area.

Labels (2)
Re: Lost data connection
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried resetting the SIM card?  Turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait a few minutes, then reinsert the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and give it a few minutes to re-establish a fresh network connection.  Also ensure that your mobile network is set to LTE/CDMA and not Global.

0 Likes
fourotwo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply. Current network setting is data enabled, with LTE/CDMA selected. I just tried turning the phone off, removing the SIM card and reinserting it, then powering on the phone. Still no luck.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try a new SIM card; they're free at your local Corporate Verizon store or by calling Customer Service.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It may be possible there updating your coverage area but a trip to a local corporate store as tikibar1 mentioned should help you find out what's going on and A new Sim Card might just be what is needed as well..

fourotwo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll get a new SIM card. Friend standing next to me has great signal/data on his Verizon phone, so I don't think it's a network issue.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok sounds good let us know if the Sim Works as soon as get your phone going again..

0 Likes