Re: Jelly Bean for Motorola RAZR Maxx?
tommyleeruiz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thunderbolt is from HTC and HTC has been good with opening bootloader, faster upgrades and dedication to even older devices.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup i know that.. i Owned a Incredible it was a Good phone as well minus the 4G till i got my New Maxx in Feb.

0 Likes
mithmal
Contributor - Level 1

The Droid X was shipped with eclair and then got Froyo and then GB. So i think that the Razr and the Maxx will both get JB but i won't care either way cause i will probably have a new phone/tablet/phablet by then anyway.

0 Likes
DanG473

Anyone know any updated info on this?  I know the Razr HD and MAxx HD are getting them now.  I want to know if the original razr and Maxx (XT912) will be getting jelly bean before I decide to do it myself. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are supposedly scheduled for Jelly Bean. When is the question.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Last i heard it will be sometime after the First of the Year!

0 Likes
DanG473

Where did you hear that?  link??? The last I heard was by the end of 2012.  but that may have been for the HD versions. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

yes, HD versions were announced ... Razr/Razr Maxx haven't been announced yet (I provided a link to the Motorola site in your other post so you can check the release dates)

0 Likes
DanG473

Yes...but that just says it will be upgraded...doesnt say a date, or even 2013 for that matter.

from your link

"Will be upgraded to Jelly Bean (Android 4.1)"

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's because Motorola hasn't announced a date yet; when they do, they'll update the chart at that link