ICS and Hotmail
mekongdelta69
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok - I've had the same problems with ICS as everybody else here (and every other forum). Some questions were answered by people here (which I appreciate - and then I go help someone else out on other forums).

[Just FYI - before someone mentions clearing your cache, I've already done that and switched from Global to CDMA/LTE - plus a bunch of other tips I've received - or found on my own. The battery life IS better than before I cleared my cache, but still not as good as with GB, so I'll wait for the 'official fix' like everyone else.]

In the meantime, I have one problem I can't figure out how to fix (at least not yet). I have a bunch of email accounts (Optonline to my Outlook (which is Cablevision's service), Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail.

This has to do specifically with Hotmail.

Before ICS, I'd get my Hotmail msgs. whenever it felt like pushing them. It was erratic, but I eventually got them. Sometimes, I'd get them manually if I wanted them right away. When I would delete them, it would also delete them from the server, so when I went on the PC, they'd be in the 'Deleted' folder. Annoying, but I could live with it. What *did* work was this:
Let's say I got 10 Hotmail msgs. on my phone and then deleted them (so there would be 0 msgs. in the Inbox). Next time it 'pushed', I'd get 5 more msgs. Let's say I left them there. Third time it pushed, let's say I got 7 more msgs. (for a total of 12 msgs. in the Inbox). Let's say I deleted them all (leaving 0 msgs.) Fourth time, it pushed, I'd get 15 msgs. (for a total of 15 msgs. in the Inbox).

Now (after ICS), let's say I get 10 msgs. in the Inbox. I delete them all, leaving 0 msgs. Next time it pushes, I get 12 *new* msgs. in my Inbox, BUT the initial 10 msgs. (which I already deleted) show up again (for a total of 22 msgs. in my Inbox. I delete 22 msgs. (leaving 0 msgs.) Third time it pushes, I get 6 more msgs. in my Inbox, BUT the initial 10 msgs. AND the next 12 msgs. are still there (for a total of 28 msgs. in my Inbox). I delete them all again, leaving 0 msgs.
And on and on and on.

Before I cleared my cache on the Maxx, I was up to something like 300+ msgs. After I cleared my cache, it went back to zero, but now it's starting all over again.

My question is: I know I can clear the cache for certain individual apps., but how do I clear my Hotmail cache (without having to clear the cache for my entire phone like I did yesterday)?

Any help would be appreciated as always...

Edit: I've already Removed the Hotmail account and Added it again. Didn't help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: ICS and Hotmail
B33
Legend

Go directly to the App and Clear it There: Menu-->Settings-->Apps-->Select Downloaded or Scroll the Upper Bar Left Then select All-->scroll down to the App Clear the Cache then the Data Tap the Home button and see if corrects the Issue..b33

0 Likes
mekongdelta69
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, but I already tried that. I cleared every app's. cache one by one, after I did the global cache. That didn't work either.

However, I did find something that did work and it's even better. There's a free app. called "Microsoft + SEVEN" (which is the only approved app. for Hotmail). I downloaded it, set it up and now I get all my folders (which are synced). After I made sure it worked ok, I removed my Hotmail account from the generic 'email' app. (while leaving the others there - which work fine).
[There must be something specific about Hotmail which does not play well with ICS. But then again, it seems as if ICS doesn't play too well with a lot of things.]

Thanks anyway though - appreciate your time...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

K. Well sometimes a suggestion Works and Sometimes it Falls through the Cracks. But it's good you found a Solution. b33

0 Likes