I'd like to able to take a screen shot on my Droid RAZR
nscompass

The video I found told me to press the power button and the volume down at the same time.  It did not work!  Any help?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: I'd like to able to take a screen shot on my Droid RAZR
tracker141
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try home and power, that works on my phone. I do know that this is not a standard Android option. You may need to download and app.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

The power and volume down is for rebooting your phone. For a screenshot, you have to press the home key and power button at the same time, but I believe this is only for devices with the Ice Cream Sandwich software update.

Cody21
Master - Level 2

As Sydney said, you must press the Power & Vol Down button AT THE SAME TIME .. You can't press Power and then a sec later the Volume down button, or vice versa.   It took some trial and error for me to get that figured out ... Seemed like I kept adjusting the Volume Down and not getting the screen capture ...  Once you "feel it" it works pretty well most of the time.  Just play with it a few times until you get the hang of it.

nscompass

Are you sure, so far all I do is turn it off or lower my ring volume. The Phone options screen pops up too sometimes.  I'm pretty coordinated too!  I have the Droid RazR.

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

Like Cody says, you have to press the two simultaneously for two seconds (do not go over as you will soft boot your phone at 10 seconds).  Let go of the two buttons at the same time and you will hear the shutter click and the screen will "shrink" with the image.  In your notification tray, it will state screen shot captured.  I hope this works for you.

0 Likes