How to turn off Moto announce during texting
cg379
Enthusiast - Level 3

When using Messaging+ to text, Moto keeps announcing who is texting.  How do I turn this off?  When I go to the Moto setting and click Not Now, it only turns it off for a couple minutes, then it turns itself back on.  This is very annoying during a text conversation!!  Has anyone found a fix?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How to turn off Moto announce during texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cg379,

That sounds annoying. Let's get this fixed for you. What model phone are you using from Motorola? Does it only speak for text or calls too? Do you use any voice services?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cg379 I know I wouldn’t want others to hear my text. We can figure this out. What is the make/model of your phone to get started?
DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cg379
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi DeloresK,

I have a Droid Turbo.  It announces calls and texts when in At Home mode.  It asks if I want to hear texts but doesn't read them unless I tell it to.  When I click on the Not Now option, it turns the announcing off for a while, but it turns itself back on.  Thanks for any suggestions as it's really annoying to have it keep announcing every text and asking for instructions.

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all of the details, cg379. It is our goal to get the messages app working properly and make sure you are in touch with all your family and friends.
What is the make/model of the phone? The next best step will be to clear cache on the messaging app. Have you downloaded or applied a software update recently? Please reach back out with a few additional details and I will be happy to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cg379
Enthusiast - Level 3

The phone is a Motorola Droid Turbo.  This problem has been ongoing since I started using Messaging+.  I've cleared the cache just now of Message+.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would certainly become very annoying, especially if it turns back on automatically, cg379. By chance, have you reviewed this link for additional details and assistance.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/93873/related/1

May provide additional ways to help you limit  Moto Assist.
NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
cg379
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I've gone through the settings.  In the Home Assist, the only other option to Talk to Me is "Keep quiet:  Only allow priority interruptions" which sounds like it would behave as if it were in Sleep or Meeting modes, which would cause me to miss calls.  So I've left it in Talk to Me.  There should be a setting in between those two that turns off talking, but does not suppress all but priority calls.

0 Likes