How do I stop google voice?
tnmle
Enthusiast - Level 2

i am trying to reinstall Kindle because all the content just disappeared after last android update.  i cannot do this because i have NO KEYBOARD and the google voice is inadequate for the task.  all i have to do is enter my account and password and it is impossible.  i have been thru every listed turning off of voice control and nothing works.  no amount of rebooting, no adherence to instructions on any site and can not understand why    please help

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: stop google voice
tnmle
Enthusiast - Level 2

so, not being familiar with the phone, hearing to scroll right let me see the Google keyboard and i was able to resolve my problem.  The actual reason for not being able to log in to amazon was using the screen wide banner that came up as a log in method. I clicked on the open book and it had a log in screen but it didn't work. First i had no keyboard but just the voice activation and then when that was working i still had the problem of a screen error telling me to contact kindle.com/support.   Another hour wasted there trying to convince the chat help that i was able to tell the difference between my husband's account and mine. 

Thanks for your help

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is Google Voice set as the default keyboard?  Did you disable the other keyboards that were pre-loaded on the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tnmle
Enthusiast - Level 2

sadly, i am not sure.  actually my husband's phone and i don't know much about it.  how would i tell?

0 Likes
tnmle
Enthusiast - Level 2

i did find under language & input the current keyboard being automatic google voice over typing but the opportunity to change it only gives me a choice  of chinese characters  ?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go settings > Apps > All apps tab and scroll down to the Google keyboard and select it. Enable it if it is disabled.

Which phone model do you have anyway?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tnmle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann, it is a Motorola Droid Turbo 5.1 version.  not having a google keyboard, i looked at google text-to-speech engine and it is enabled.  still not having any luck and do appreciate the help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tnmle, we're here to help you get this resolved. You have to be able to use you keyboard. What I think Ann may have been saying is to try and make sure Google keyboard is actually turned on. Once you tap on Language & input in settings, turn off Google voice typing, and turn on Google Keyboard. Try logging in and let us know if it works.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tnmle
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann told me to go to settings, apps, then google keyboard (an app that is not on the phone) and i said i tried the app google text-to-speech engine which appeared to be enabled.  under language & input the keyboard & input methods has two options: current keyboard which has two options pinyin input and voice typing  or google voice typing automatic which has ok google detection which is not on, hands free,speech output,offline speech recognition, block offensive words, bluetooth headset.   none turned on.  no keyboard anywhere.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you please post the screenshot from your phone from the same area as I'm showing from my phone? Sometimes pictures are worth a thousand words. The Google keyboard has to be installed on the phone. It is a factory application and can't be uninstalled. It can only be disabled.

Screenshot_2016-07-21-17-01-45.pngScreenshot_2016-07-21-17-04-05.png

Screenshot_2016-07-21-17-06-46.png

0 Likes
tnmle
Enthusiast - Level 2

language.jpg

google.jpg

0 Likes