How do I set up e-mail on my device?
gearheadslife
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello..  try'n to set up my email accounts on the phone..  had them all on it.. but I read them and delete from phone but they'd stay on email server..   have many questions, so please bear with me..

1) How do you set up the emails and set the server incoming and outgoing settings,?   the emails are Comcast.net ,gmail.com and a yahoo (please note that the Comcast.net has the Xfinity connect app, but most likely won't be used as there are 3 emails and you can't switch between them in the app without signing in and out of each, so I'll have to set these up as separate emails and forgo the app. unless there is a way to switch between them without the sign in and out dance, Waiting on reply on that forum)

2)  After the phone is receiving  the emails, how do you set it up so when you delete the email from the phone, it also deletes it from the email server, AND how do you remove emails from the phone that you don't want to delete from the email server?  i.e. you've read it,but will answer it/print it/ect from your pc at a later date but don't want the phone loaded down with tons of emails to scroll through..  that you've read..

3)is there a way to give each email account it's own ring tone? to make it easier to know if it's from an account used for general junk, or the one used for bills, or the one used for my web forums, etc..

I'm sure there are more questions  I'll have but can't think of at the moment..

Thanks for reading and any insight on these questions.. and please remember,,  first phone that isn't a crackberry and have no clue on how to set it up correctly,, Hell when I had a Verizon.net email (Verizon DSL) even the manager at the Verizon wireless store couldn't get it to work correctly..  it took 2 trips and 4 hours..   so basicly I have never set up emails on this since.. and  need the questions answered with order of operations to set them up, and please include even the most basic parts of it, that would seem common knowledge,

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Email set up questions   answer please, as if the person has no clue.. e.i. email set up for dummies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out! I know how important it is to have a clear understanding of the e-mail set up process on your device. I have provided a link that includes the incoming and outgoing server settings here, http://bit.ly/1jNi8nF . This link also provides instructions on how to complete the set up instructions for e-mail addresses. The way the e-mail is removed from the server depends on the type of account that is being set up IMAP or POP3. The server setting ( IMAP or POP3 ) is provided in the mail list provided in the link.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Email set up questions   answer please, as if the person has no clue.. e.i. email set up for dummies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to reach out! I know how important it is to have a clear understanding of the e-mail set up process on your device. I have provided a link that includes the incoming and outgoing server settings here, http://bit.ly/1jNi8nF . This link also provides instructions on how to complete the set up instructions for e-mail addresses. The way the e-mail is removed from the server depends on the type of account that is being set up IMAP or POP3. The server setting ( IMAP or POP3 ) is provided in the mail list provided in the link.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: How do I set up e-mail on my device?
boylan73

It is already set up

0 Likes
Re: How do I set up e-mail on my device?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome! Glad to hear you were able to get your email set up. Please do let us know if you need any further help! 

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes