How do I offload these 720p pictures without loss of quality? 1.2MB files? Problem
StanleyCupBlackhawks

So yeah hey, looking for help here. I take great photos with this great Droid Razr here, and when I offload them via USB connecter to my macbookpro the photos are ABSOLUTELY losing quality. The files are between 1.0MB and 2.3MB at the highest, I look at a photo of my dog at a park I took on the phone, absolutely HD, gorgeous, when I offload my photos to my laptop via the USB connecter, through EITHER Motocast, OR the "DCIM" folder, OR if I email them to my email account, the photos are crappy 1.3MB (generally) jpegs that do not reflect the quality that they appear on my phone, HUGE difference in fact. Please help, I have some great photos and they are awesome in-phone but the loss of quality is just unacceptable here. I attached the photo, which has GREEN GREEN grass and a beautiful large (willow?) YELLOW tree beyond to the left. In-Phone = awesome, jpeg = frustrating.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How do I offload these 720p pictures without loss of quality? 1.2MB files? Problem
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3

This is weird. Im not a mac expert but on my windows machine I can simply connect usb. Set as usb mass storage and transfer it without losing quality.

I assume you can also use bluetooth.

0 Likes
Re: How do I offload these 720p pictures without loss of quality? 1.2MB files? Problem
StanleyCupBlackhawks

Thank you for the advice reallyniceguy, I am going to check my settings and make sure that is the way it is set on my razr. About what size (in MegaBytes) are your pictures that you offload? I assume larger than 1.2 MB to 2.3 MB like me, perhaps higher I would imagine?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i email 5+meg pics from my droid x to my pc & they're much better than what i see on the phone with its 4.3" screen compared to the 23" monitor with the pc.

edit your post with the same pic that goes to the macbook for a comparison.

maybe it's an issue with the macbook.

0 Likes
StanleyCupBlackhawks

Alrighty, so... I made sure that my device is set for USB Mass Storage, which is good. It was already set to that tho, so I'm not sure THAT was my issue (reallyniceguy).

I have tried to email photo's straight from the phone to my email, to the same result (1.0 - 2.3MB pictures being sent, much lower quality, less color, definition). I have tried to offload pictures through Motocast syncing from my device to computer, and it's the same. I even (and I hope there's someone with a Mac out there that knows what I'm talking about) open up the two "MOT" external drive-looking icons that appear on my desktop when I plug in the phone, and I go to the DCIM folder inside, and retrieve the files directly from there as well, by dragging them to the desktop, but still, they are always listed as 1.0 - 2.3MB files. It appears that no matter what I try to do to offload these great looking (and clearly high quality) images from my device, they are ALL losing quality.

I am now starting to wonder if my problem is in my Razr device somehow. I have it set to take 8MP pictures, widescreen. and they look HD in the device, great quality. Any attempt to offload sends lower quality. I am considering attending one of these infernal workshops, I spent an hour on the phone with Motorola yesterday and their "Class 2" technicians and even a supervisor, and NO one could figure this out. Closest suggestion was to just clean it up as best I can in Photoshop (can't be right).

Is there a setting in the phone somewhere that is NOT ALLOWING me to send the full picture?

Also (bearone21), a copy of one of my photos is attached above in my first post. It's just lacking in color and definition that I see on my phone.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

email from phone & macbook, the same pic/pics of 1 meg & 8 meg to email in my profile.

fwiw:

i see a grey hair above the left eye of the dog, a moist nose, etc & the yellow in the tree to the left.

0 Likes