Re: Hotspot App that works with Jelly Bean
Impact9

In part that is true but when they send a bill and I pay that bill that is a "signed" contract and extends our agreement.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you have unlimited data and are tethering without the $30 tethering feature, you are STEALING from Verizon.  I pay for my tethering plan because I am an honest person.

"In addition, the company recently revised its service offerings such that consumers on usage-based pricing plans may tether, using any application, without paying an additional fee."

0 Likes
Not applicable

Impact9 wrote:

Obviously you have no idea how contracts work when they are bought out. When a bank picks up your loan contract they can not change the terms, nor can a cell phone company. A contract is a contract and as long as I pay that bill they can't do anything to change that simply because they accepted the terms of that contract when they bought it.

No where in your contract does it mention unlimited data or free tethering.

As I said before once you used up your ALLOTTED data you should be cut off.

Well Verizon doesn't do that and you know that BEFORE signing the contract. Or you should. So knowing that info if you are not comfortable with that then you shouldn't get the service. Also has Verizon ever cut anyone off for using more than their allotted share of minutes or texting? Nope. They just charge overages. Been that way for years now.

Very few people have my type contract anymore as Verizon does not allow me to get new phones at the discounted price. If I want to keep my contract I have to pay $700 for a new phone.

Actually you CAN NOT extend your contract and keep unlimited data.

You don't know my data usage so keep those comments to yourself and any verizon rep with access to my account can verify I don't abuse my unlimited data plan.

Listen common sense tells you that if I can get unlimited data for $30 a month and have free tethering why would I continue to pay Charter( my ISP ) $50 a month? I would just tether my phone to my PC. I easily use 100-250 GB a month. Now imagine hundreds of people in my neighborhood doing that? Guess what, eventually the network would be slower than molasses in January if it worked at all. A few peole shouldn't be allowed to ruin it for everyone else.

Verizon got sued because they was not allowing people with tether apps to use them.You don't have to pay that fee according to the FCC. Know your rights or just be suckerd and pay their fee.

You are interpreting that wrong but whatever. Verizon offers free tethering via Share Everything and the FCC signed off on that. Verizon had to stop taking down tethering apps from Google Play store. That's it. The FCC allows Verizon to still charge for tethering for those on older plans.

RonSwanson
Enthusiast - Level 1

...  I use 15-17 GB a month. I have unlimited and will buy my phones at cost b/c you know why? BC i thought about it and knew that It would cost me an arm and leg if I messed with my contract. So I'll pay $600 for a phone and end up saving more money than you. ... Just b/c the masses blindly followed all the carriers into this share gimmick doesnt mean people that didn't should suffer. I can't believe you would think "oh I dont need unlimited data" when the entire world is going wireless, streaming and at higher and higher qualities each year.

Truly yours,

a guy that is on the top 4% data list.

<< Post edited for profanity, personal attacks >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Impact9

My contract, original through Alltel, does give unlimited data and their terms allowed tethering. Now stay with me here...Verizon bought my contract, they didn't have to but they did. When they purchased my contract they forced themselves into those terms. Yea I can extended my contract past the 2 years. How long has it been since Verizon bought up Alltel? I've bought 3 phone through Verizon on that contract since then. Who said I pay $30 a month? I wish! I pay just under $100 a month for ONE connection. What's YOUR bill? I don't use my PC to connect to my phone because I choose NOT to abuse the system. How I choose to use a device I paid for is nobodies business. My contract isn't either. But I do get pissed when someone messes with my phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your original contract has long since passed. There is no "extending" of contracts. each contract is a new one. Verizon is under no obligation to honor Altel's terms forever. What's, the point of buying another company if you can never incorporate that company into your own?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Look at the last contract you signed when you purchased your last subsidized smartphone.  Nowhere on it does it say Altel.  You are a Verizon customer now, with a Verizon contract, with Verizon terms and conditions.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I also have unlimited data and unlimited hotspot.  I too will pay full retail price for my next phone if Verizon is still allowing us to keep our unlimited data.  I don't have Share Everything and won't switch to that until/unless it makes sense for me.  However, I pay for the $30 tethering fee because it is required if tethering on an unlimited data plan.

0 Likes
RonSwanson
Enthusiast - Level 1

yea but that is bs. if you pay for a device on their network and have unlimited data how can they say oh but you can only use 2 gigs of it? doesnt make sense.

0 Likes
RonSwanson
Enthusiast - Level 1

they blanked out right..

0 Likes