Failed update bricked my RAZR HD XT926
Chuck_Cain

An automatic update last night froze/stopped/disconnected mid-stream.  The phone now only gets to the Motorola Duo-core screen.  OS doesn't launch.  Tried a soft reset w power button+down vol.  Tried opening in Recovery mode w all 3 buttons, got to the dead android screen and no farther.  Tried resetting to factory and got nothing.  PC will not see the phone when connected via USB (Windows 7).

I went to the local store (Delafield, WI), but they could not resolve the issue.  Partly because their VPN connection was down, as is most of the MyVerizon website.

Is this problem a known issue?  Is there a resolution which does not involve a new phone?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Failed update bricked my RAZR HD XT926
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Chuck_Cain - I apologize for the delayed response as I understand this is a time sensitive matter! I appreciate you taking the steps that have already been completed. If the device will not enter the Recovery Mode we will want to review the warranty further. Please follow me back and send a Direct Message so we can get this resolved as quickly as possible!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
bstrunke11

Had exact same problem.

1. Phone sat at the Red "Eternal Eye", or whatever that is, until it ran out of juice.

2. Rebooted, same thing.

3. Did a Factory Reset (Holding volume buttons and power for menu) out of desparation.

4. Got farther, got to "Android is upgrading. Optimizing 1 of 17 apps."

5. Finished Optimizing, said, Starting Apps

6. Phone just rebooted itself, and started 4 - 6.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
bstrunke11

P.S. cannot boot to Safe Mode either...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bstrunke11, thanks for trying. Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your device? If so, some 3rd party application software may be conflicting with the recent software update. Try uninstalling a few applications and power your device off/on. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes