Everything works on phone except for SMS and MMS
insertadjective
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just activated my Droid Razr Maxx after breaking my previous phone. I followed the instructions for activation and the phone appeared to be working just fine. I can make phone calls, surf the internet using WiFi or 4G, use Facebook, download apps, etc. Everything is working great on my phone except for texting, which includes regular text messages as well as multimedia messages. If I send an SMS I get an error message saying "Unable to send msg! Retry sending?" and if I try to send a picture message I get a message saying "Invalid Destination Address." If I try to send a text to myself from the Verizon website I get an error saying that the "Message is undeliverable." I also understand that people can't text me from their phones. I've tried various fixes like *228, rebooting my phone, deleting all my text history, but nothing seems to work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Everything works on phone except for SMS and MMS
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Did you confirm on the Verizon web site (Your Account settings online) that Text Messaging is ENABLED for this new phone?  I'd start there. Take a look at the Messaging section and see what the status is of TXT msgs that were sent to you. And if everything is active, give Verison CS a call ....  Looking at the Settings fro Messenger I don't see any ACCOUNT settings on the phone -- seems like it's all done on the Verizon site.  Good luck.

View solution in original post

Cody21
Master - Level 2

Did you confirm on the Verizon web site (Your Account settings online) that Text Messaging is ENABLED for this new phone?  I'd start there. Take a look at the Messaging section and see what the status is of TXT msgs that were sent to you. And if everything is active, give Verison CS a call ....  Looking at the Settings fro Messenger I don't see any ACCOUNT settings on the phone -- seems like it's all done on the Verizon site.  Good luck.

insertadjective
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for replying to my question, Cody. Do you think you could point me to exactly where these particular settings are located? I'm logged into My Verizon but how do I check whether my text messaging is enabled? And how can I check the status of text messages sent to me? Thanks again!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I think Cody is Correct as for there are Allot of Critical an Non Critical Settings there a C.S.R can give you the Best Guidance Because they can got into your Account With you an point out were to Enable things or Disable things. So you might give them a Call they close Down Operations at 11:00Pm tonight an Reopen at 6:00 in the Morning..b33 Good luck Smiley Happy

0 Likes
insertadjective
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks so much for your answers you guys! They've been more than helpful. I did call Customer Service and it did turn out that I had a block on my text messaging, some how. They fixed it immediately and now I'm set. Thanks again for your help!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your More than Welcome!  Give us Holler Anytime b33