Dropped my Maxx
rmauk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I dropped my Maxx and the screen shattered. What are my options? (My X was much tougher.)

Labels (2)
Re: Dropped my Maxx
B33
Legend

Since there isn't too much that a Local Store can help with, As in Damage unless you have the top tear Insurance which might cover the Damage I'd say your best bet is to contact Motorola Service I provided the Link to go from there..

Screen breakage usually comes from when the screen hit's at it's corner.!   can you estimate how far the Drop was..

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/95874/p/30,6720,8882...

0 Likes
rmauk
Enthusiast - Level 1

The fall was less than 3'. It was in my shirt pocket and I was bent over.

sleepycap2
Contributor - Level 1

I am sorry about your situation, my samsung has been doing well with its little screen and perfect resolution and i love it when my phone has photo editing options with several cute frames and little emo (some animated) emo to add into messages and photos.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I can understand how that could of Happen as I've put mine there as Well.! in my shirt pocket, The phones Length kind of makes it Vulnerable for this to happen.. I bought a GPS case a case Logic.. brand to put mine in Hopefully it will keep it Safe..

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Unfortunately, this type of damage would not fall under the manufacturers warranty. I know in the local malls around me, there are usually kiosks which advertise replacing cracked screens on cell phones. You may want to try something like that. I have never tried one of them, though. Good luck.

izzymom98

I asked one of those places and they said that it would cost $211 total - which would include materials and labor

0 Likes
B33
Legend
meowmix2477

Same thing happened to me about 2 wks after getting this maxx. Motorola repair does charge a fee of 150- but worth it. My only concern is that these screens don't appear to be gorilla glass they shatter to the point of not being able to touch the screens....older razor maxx much stronger.

0 Likes
B33
Legend