Droid razr Maxx HD, Accessories
bigdtrucker

This is more of a retoricle question, just due to the fact this has been the case with motorola for years when it comes to accessories. I have yet to figure out why iphone/apple as soon as a new product comes out theres a boat load of accessories already out on the market. I know that the mfg. give out specs to the aftermarket mfgs so pre development of case's and other things can be done ahead of release of a new product, so why can't motorola or for that matter HTC, etc. do the same. For instance I had a Droid Razr Maxx when it first came out and it took at least 3 to 4 months to find a different case other than what Verizon offers. Now I have a Droid Razr Maxx HD and the same holds true. Is it that Apple has a better marketing department. I know that a iphone is designed for the cell phone impaired people, but come on the Android base system is still out selling apple, and for for a person thats been around the iphone and owned numerous Razrs and Android devise's, the Razr runs circles around any iphone. I tried even getting a Zagg invisasheild and even they don't have one yet, but all kinds of apple crap.      [ Gorrilla Glass still scatches ]. I can see why people by apple just due to fact of all the cool accessories that come out. Again I think the marketing dept. at the cell phone mfg. are asleep.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid razr Maxx HD, Accessories
B33
Legend

Well i have to agree a bit with ya i wished there was More)  They do have accessories for the Maxx HD if you do a Google Search that Might help Narrow what your wanting that's what i done in the Past) I look in at Android Central & Droid Life as they both cell Equipment and Amazon is a Good Source as Well)  But with Apple i think because there Apple this is what Drive's the Manufactures to do More i know my Self i'v been in Target and Walmart and i see in a Isle on side of the Sets it's Dedicated to Apple & Apple Like Products and you Look for Android Stuff and you'll find it but Very little) So i can see what you mean.. b33

0 Likes
CarmenO

Some confusion here. You are comparing a phone device (iPhone) with and operating system (Android). The iPhone is a well known brand running iOS on one device manufacture format. The Android OS runs on Motorola, Samsung, HTC, LG, etc multiple devices, all different. When designing and manufacturing accessories, which would you choose to risk millions on development? A single device design, well branded or hundreds of different devices, each requiring different specs. Your argument is comparing Apples to oranges (pun intended). The number of users with Motorola Razr Maxx HDs is far, far fewer than those with iPhone 5 or 4s. (economics).

0 Likes
dpeco33
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with above.

All the many manufactures out there when they develop all their accessories designs can machine and plan for one design when doing so for apple iphone, but when they have to look at the android lines to make covers, they would have to CNC (machine) and have multiple drawings and licences etc. That is why most of the accessory companies have more apple designs, because they do not change too often from design to design and everyone that uses apple (iphone) has the same specs....

I mean look at Motorola alone...the number of new design style phones they placed on the market in the last two years is enough to drive us crazy, imagine developing accessories for them...?

0 Likes