Re: Droid Turbo switching time by hours randomly
Eizee
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Motorola Turbo jumps ahead 3 hours when I'm at home, even though it's still set to my time zone. I have to constantly unchecked the auto time buttons, change it manually. Have tried all your suggestions without a fix. The auto time works fine when not in my neighborhood. So frustrating. No other family members who have Droid phone has this issue nor did I with my Samsung Galaxy. Got this phone in April.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Eizee,

I'm very sorry to hear you're having this issue at home! I wouldn't be happy if my time was suddenly wrong. Does this only happen at your home? When you're there are you connected to wi-fi or a network extender by any chance?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
willwells1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue.  Clock randomly jumps ahead exactly 1 hour, then goes back.   What the hell?

0 Likes
kubiakco
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue here with my droid turbo, started last night, have not installed anything recently.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kubiakco,

That's definitely helpful to know. We always want to make sure your time is correct. Can you try turning the phone off, removing the SIM card, then putting the SIM back in and turning the phone back on? Does this only happen at certain times or everywhere?

AndrewT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
willwells1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Turn off phone?  Lol.  Come on man.  This is a widespread problem.  Have done all that is mentioned including factory reset.  Does not help. I'm in the process of getting a new phone.  If that doesn't work I'm leaving verizon.

0 Likes
kubiakco
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tried many troubleshooting steps so far and none has worked. I have tried everything in this thread and started a new one as this issue seems not to have resolved. In my new thread i have been offered additional diagnostic steps all of which have had no effect.

Link to thread: Droid Turbo Network Time Changes Randomly

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

willwells1,

I'm very glad to hear you have a great new phone on the way. I'm confident that will help and make sure this is resolved. We definitely don't want to see you go anywhere. Just to check, have we tried replacing your SIM card? That could also very possibly be the issue.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
kubiakco
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will be trying a new Sim card if the issue happens again. Just to clarify

I am not getting a new phone at this time... That was another commenter on

the thread.

On Jun 4, 2015 10:10 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
willwells1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not getting a new phone either.  Seems different tech support persons are not communicating with each other about how to resolve this issue.  Currently was told my issue was resolved by "changing settings on the cell sites", but the problem persists.  Was told new phone might or might now resolve issue.   Tech said new Sim card would have no chance of resolving issue because it is a problem with compatibility between the network and the radio in the phone... But who knows because different techs say different things.  I suspect I'm leaving verizon soon.  This is just unacceptable.

0 Likes