Re: Droid Turbo bluetooth disconnects from bluetooth headset.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Haha. Well that was nice of her!

I don't see a reason why they wouldn't be compatible.

Have you tried your phones Bluetooth with any other devices? A speaker perhaps?

0 Likes
David95238

Yes.  The phone does not disconnect in my car Bluetooth and I just played the game for nearly 15 minutes and there was no disconnect.  For some reason, the disconnect only occurs when I use the headset and when I'm talking to a person

0 Likes
David95238

I don't know if this is something the new droid turbo update would fix or if I should perhaps see if based on this occurance I could exchange the turbo at Verizon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for all of your efforts and the fantastic details, David95238. I've passed on all the details to our testing team to work directly with Motorola and Sennheiser to investigate a bit further. While I work with this great research team, please unpair/forget all devices from the phone as well as any other devices that may be connected to the headset (so if you still have your old Maxx handy, unpair the headset from there too). Then only pair the Turbo to the new headset.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
David95238

Ok, I no longer have the droid maxx so I will unpair/forget all devices from the turbo and wait to hear, thank you. Please let me know how it turns out as I am the program and outreach manager for a nonprofit that serves homeless veterans and am constantly on the phone with families in crisis so the nature and traveling of my work prohibits me from using the speaker and I cannot type accurately while trying to hold the phone to my ear.  Thus, until it gets fixed, I am holding my flat phone to my shoulder while trying to type urgent situations.  Thanks again so much, hope to hear soon, or at least get ideas on suitable replacements with one earpiece and a boom similar to the MB Pro 1 that would work with the turbo.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It might take awhile for them to get in touch, you could get a cheap set of earbuds with a mic to use. On amazon a pair is usually only $10, but then again your new phone might have come with earbuds that have a mic. Not the best quality, but much better than needing to go see the chiropractor after work each day.

0 Likes
David95238

At this point, I can tell you that Robert, the tech from Verizon is the man.  After talking with Robert and trouble shooting some options Robert instructed me to turn off the HD Voice on the droid Turbo as it appeared that the Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC ML (Sennheiser MB Pro 1 ML & MB Pro 2 ML - Bluetooth Business Headset for Phones, Tablets, Mobile Phones) also had HD Voice which may in some way be interfering with the Droid Turbo HD Voice, causing loss of connection during call.

I have since turned off the HD Voice on the turbo and my headset has not cut out in the past 20 to 25 minutes I have been on it.

The one thing though is that unless Sennheiser does a firmware update making the headset compatible with the Droid Turbo, I must toggle the HD voice on and off on the phone if I want to use data while talking.  This could be tough for me as I work with homeless Veterans and sometimes I drive to their location using GPS and must field calls in between to receive updates on their situation.  Thus, I must now toggle the hd voice on and off whenever I am using the headset which is going to be a chronic inconvenience unless Senheiser does a firmware update.

Otherwise, Robert, you are outstanding and thank you for your professional support.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

When you say HD Voice, are you turning off advanced calling?

0 Likes
David95238

Yes, my apologies, on the droid turbo, when I go to settings, advanced calling, and turn off advanced calling, the Senheiser MB Pro 1 UC ML headset did not disconnect after nearly 30 minutes.  I will continue to test it throughout the week and post if it disconnects but as of right now, this is the longest I have spoken on the headset without it disconnecting.

If this remains successful the technique is merely a workaround as I will have to toggle advanced calling 'off' while using the headset and toggle advanced calling 'on' while driving in order to use the GPS and field calls.  If a firmware update is not provided which will allow me to use the Bluetooth headset with advanced calling 'on' I may end up migrating to a different headset brand as toggling advanced calling 'on' to use the headset and toggling it 'off'' to drive my car using the gps and field calls will ultimately prove to be quite cumbersome.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Excellent news.

In regards to making phone calls and using data, the newer phones require advanced calling to be activated to do that. On older models, Lg G2 and S5 for example, you're able to do both without advanced calling. This is just how Verizon is.

0 Likes