Droid Turbo bluetooth disconnects from bluetooth headset.
David95238

Hello, I upgraded to the droid Turbo from the Maxx about two months ago and ever since I upgraded from the maxx to the turbo my bluetooth Sennheiser MB Pro 1 UC ML headset disconnects during conversation. (http://en-us.sennheiser.com/mb-pro-1-uc-ml-and-mb-pro-2-uc-ml) I work at a nonprofit that serves homeless Veterans and so oftentimes I am listening to their situations and suddenly I just don't hear them anymore on my bluetooth headset.  I then have to pick up the droid turbo and manually switch to speaker or headset but by then I have missed important parts of their situation and most times, by the time I get them back they are saying "hello? hello?"  I have been struggling with this disconnect isue for two months now and so many interuppted calls.  I ordered a new replacement headset from Sennheiser thinking it was the headset and the new one arrived last week.  I paird the new Sennheiser headset (same model) and it cut out during a conversation with our executive director and I had to scramble to put her back on speaker phone.  Since this never happened with the droid maxx, only started happening with the turbo, still occurs after a factory rest with the turbo and is the same issue with two headsets, I believe it is the phone.  Does anyboy else have blue tooth connectivity issues with the turbo and if so, please help. Bluetooh is vital for the job I do and it has been so unbelievabley hard the past two months ever since I upgraded from the maxx to the turbo for this bluetooth connectivity issue.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Turbo bluetooth disconnects from bluetooth headset.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Is your phone up to date with the latest software?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

On page 24 it talks about how to update the headphones software:

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/global-downloads/file/1822/MB_Pro1_Pro2_EN_0414_INT_new.pdf

David95238

On the droid Turbo I went to settings, system updates, and it says my device's software is up to date.  Under 'about phone' it shows I am running Android version 4.4.4

0 Likes
David95238

Thank you for this. I did update the firmware of the headset with the assistance of the Sennheiser representative with both headsets and the disconnect problem still persists on my droid turbo

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Can you recreate the issue? Does it happen when something specific goes on?

0 Likes
David95238

Unfortunately I do not notice anything specific when the headset disconnects.  This issue did not occur with the maxx, then when I upgraded to the turbo, It first occurred when the turbo was on my desk and I was talking, wearing the headset and typing notes.  Then, the speakers voice cut out.  I requested a new headset from Sennheiser, updated the firmware again, and it still cuts out during phone conversations.

Usually, the phone is on the table near the computer, and I am on the headset typing on the computer.

0 Likes
David95238

I also just did a 'restore to factory setings' on the turbo last night and paired the headset and it disconnected this morning while on the phone trying to order products from a vendor.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Just to make sure, you don't reach up and touch the headset and it happens? Does the length of time it will stay connected vary? Have you noticed if your bluetooth turns off on your phone when this happens?

0 Likes
David95238

I thought perhaps It might be an app I had disabled so here is a list of the apps I have disabled since the factory reset last night:

-Amazon

-Amazon App Suite

-Amazon Mucis

-Appstore

-Command Center

-Droid Zap

-Family Base Companion

-Hangouts

-ImDb-

-Message+

-NFL Mobile

-Slacker Radio