Re: Droid Razr - too hot to touch
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

93°F for a phone temperature isn't really that high.

I worry when I see 110°F and higher.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

B33
Legend

Well Steve when i looked at Panel on my Maxx with Jelly it showed close to were your Razr is with the Exception of Temps mine is running @ 78.8 but it might be because my Maxx is running with the bigger battery that i'm guessing there was another Contributor that was on the Forum Quite often and i hadn't seen him in while he a Maxx and if he was on here today we could as em what the Temps are running on His Maxx)

My Razr Maxx With ICS is Running about the same if Jim was on here he could Shed some Light on his.. Razr Maxx but i haven't from him in While.. Hope he's Ok..

steve_o
Enthusiast - Level 3

What I've seen is that my Razr runs consistently at or above 98 degrees almost all the time.  At times, it's between 108 - 120F.  At times, the mA draw is 2 while it's doing it - and that's when it is charging.  Unless the phone is on my desk at work, with a small fan blowing across the top of it, it's consistently running at least in the mid 90's.  Only when its in front of the fan does it get below the low 90's. 

The other thing I notice is that there are spikes in the mA draw that sucks the battery life down.  In a single 20 minute span, there was a draw of -1669mA.  It had zero impact on the heat of the phone, but sucked the battery down by almost 20 percent of the whole battery capacity.  At the time this occurred, it wasn't being used for anything - it was sitting in the car idle while I was driving. 

One other additional thing I've noticed is that it drops from 4G to 3G in many places I used to get decent 4G service.  Also, I've noticed that the keyboard response (like putting in text for a search or a text message) is extremely slow to respond.   

I'm not sure what's wrong with it, but it seems to function better at times as a personal heater than a reliable phone.  It is looking like a factory reset is the last resort.

B33
Legend

Yea i understand these phones can be Pain to Work with:  Check with what i wrote Steve 

Steve i Tapped on your Avatar to Follow you and you can Mine as well to were we can send DM's Direct Messages there like an Email and i'll talk to you more on the phone Maybe i can shed some better light that way and keep what i want to say and write from certain Eye's). 

So when you get some time just Take you Mouse pointer put it in the Center of my Avatar when it brings up the bigger box click Follow to Follow Me and then up in the Actions Box with the Check you will have to go into that area and when you see Three boxes and the one that says allow by my UserName check the Allow and we can send the Direct Messages..

And i'll discuss a little more on the Phone there..  b33

steve_o
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think I did everything that I needed to do regarding info in the last post.  Please LMK if there is something I haven't done correctly.

Unless my Razr is sitting on my desk with the small fan running & circulating some air around it, it consistently runs in the mid to upper 90's and I've got a couple days recently where it ran between 102F and 110F for nearly 48 hours.  No idea what may be running, or if it's dropping in & out of 4G/3G during that time or what.  Phone was in the same room for all but 8 hours of that span. 

Also, response on the phone is "halting" for lack of a better description.  For example - to do a search - tap the search bar on my home screen & then click in it & start typing - it will take until I'm 4-5 letters into what I'm typing (and I'm not that fast) for the keys to start putting text into the box.  Same with other areas where keyboard entry is done.  Opening web pages is also slow (using the default browser or chrome, makes no difference). 

Other issues I've noticed is that it will drop wi-fi often, and will fall back into 3G quite a bit more than it used to. 

Still under contract for another year, but already have gotten sick of how temperamental this phone is & how if not being used MUST be chained to a power source. 

steve_o
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just following up on your initial response to my issue.  I have done the Safe Mode (not all apps were available) and did not notice an appreciable difference in performance.

Also, over a 48 hour span recently, the temp on the Razr was between 102F and 110F.  It was in the same room for the majority of the time. 

newcreation7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Steve

I have been having the IDENTICAL PROBLEM with the same phone ever since the update to Jelly Bean, other than throwing the previously exceptional phone in a river or going to an iPhone ASAP have you had any luck getting this issue taken care of? 

0 Likes
newcreation7
Enthusiast - Level 1

Evan

I just found this thread and I will paste in here my response to steve_o: 

Steve

I have been having the IDENTICAL PROBLEM with the same phone ever since the update to Jelly Bean, other than throwing the previously exceptional phone in a river or going to an iPhone ASAP have you had any luck getting this issue taken care of?

Has there been any resolution to this problem?  I am the last Android hold out of 6 people in my house and this is getting so frustrating.  If had to write a description of the problems I'm having steve_o has written them out verbatim. 

Please let me know, thanks! 

0 Likes