Droid Razr charging issue
imgail73
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone charged fine till a few days ago anywhere I plugged it in. I charge it via wall charger and USB through my computer and in my car. All of a sudden the other day it stopped charging when I plug it into the wall. It will charge in the car and through my computer. I even plugged it into the USB port on the T.V. last night, just to see if it would charge and it did. The problem with this is that I have to leave the T.V. on all night or if I charge it with the computer I have to try and keep the computer from going to sleep or it stops charging. I am using the same USB cord via the computer I used in the wall. Although I have tried different cords and wall outlets. I have looked to see if there is a setting that will only allow it to charge via USB and I cannot find one. I saw somewhere online that this setting doesn't exist anymore with ICS. My phone is my lifeline I have to keep it charged any reliable help will be greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
Re: Droid Razr charging issue
B33
Legend

Instead of charging Via the Computer try the Wall Ac using the charger that came with the phone

0 Likes
Re: Droid Razr charging issue
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would suspect that your wall charger is bad if the USB cable still works but the phone doesn't charge when plugged into a wall outlet ... or maybe the wall outlet is bad.  But you said that you tried different chargers and wall outlets ... did the phone not charge using those other wall chargers and outlets?  This may not help at all, but it's worth trying ... have you re-booted the phone?  Have you tried holding the volume down and power buttons simultaneously for 15-30 seconds to reset the phone?

0 Likes