Re: Droid Razr can't send picture messages since JellyBean update
Gormican

I had the same problem on my Razr - couldn't send photos.  They would get stuck in the Outbox and I couldn't even delete them.  I put the phone on Airplane mode and only then could I delete the pending Outbox emails (with photos).  I then tried to send via Gmail instead on my other email and everything worked fine.  You can spend time trying to resolve or just make sure you send any photos via Gmail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gormican,

That seems to be a bit odd to me. Are these picture messages getting stuck in your outbox on an email or through text message? If it's email, what email provider is it? Have you tried to delete that email account off the phone and then add it back on? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cbdo

Having the same problem, for a period of a few months now, on my Razr M.  I can send a simple text as usual but can't send a picture by text message, whether there's also text associated or not, whether the recipient is a Verizon customer or on another network, from my home where there's no problem with signal and ordinary calls work reliably.  I can send pictures by email as usual, but not by text message.  The problem developed several months ago, with no change in phone, but if I recall correctly at the time of a software update.  When I first got the phone, there was no such problem, but now there is.

Verizon, can't you folks figure out how to help us fix this?  The operation involved, after all, is a pretty standard smartphone function.  Will be following the thread for updates--

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cbdo, Let's get those picture messages going out again. Go to Apps> Settings and touch Data Usage. Ensure Mobile Data is turned on. Press the back button to go back to the previous menu and touch "More..." Touch Mobile networks and make sure Data enabled has a check mark. Reset the text messaging app: http://vz.to/1doTPPR . Then power the device off and back on again. Retest and let us know how its working.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

LunaRhyane
Enthusiast - Level 1

The above fix of clearing the text messaging data (fyi-does not delete your text messages) and rebooting my phone (Maxx HD - 2 bar of 4G - WiFi on and connected) can now send picture messages without using the annoying "fix" of turning off WiFi I was told by Verizon phone tech support.

0 Likes