Re: Droid Razr M won't boot
baznyc
Enthusiast - Level 3

This happened a few weeks ago... got new phone.

jillmt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this exact issue. My phone is also over a year old, so no replacement. Can't upgrade until 2/28/2015 and I do NOT want to buy a new phone at full price. I am NOT pleased.

I can reboot by holding power and the down volume key. It then gets to the Droid "eye" and sits there. It's been over an hour since this started. I cannot get into safe mode or any of the other suggestions I saw, because I cannot get past the eye. I also tried holding the up volume for 3 seconds, then pressing power, and nothing happens at all. Tried the USB cord to the computer and computer doesn't recognize that it's attached.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Boot looping is not an easy fast fix for most phones and where you are at this point I would consider a new phone. If you can't get into boot recovery you don't have a chance however.

1. First try to power off the phone for 5 minutes
  2. Now you need to boot into Stock Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds until you see the Android System Recovery menu on your screen.
  3. You’ll be using the Volume Up/Down to switch between different options and Power button to select your desire option.
  4. Now select the Wipe data/Factory Reset option and confirm it.
  5. Additionally, take also the following actions:

Wipe cache partition

Go to Advance and Wipe dalvick cache

Now Go back to the main Recovery menu and Select the option Reboot System Now to Reboot your phone.

CC35308

Same problem as everyone else here.  I've had my Droid Razr for about 20 months, in general, it's been great, except for stupid software problems (freezing, non-responsive, MAKING ME STARE AT A RED EYE FOR HOURS).  No water damage, no falls, no physical damage.  A couple days ago, it started randomly shutting down, then today, it does this red eye thing.  I just tried a factory reset and it seems to have done nothing.  It's been on the red eye for 10 minutes now.  Although I've loved how much my Droid can withstand physically, and I love the system when it actually works, I'm very unhappy right now.  I'm a journalist and a college student, so if my phone fails, it really screws me over, and I definitely don't have the money to buy a phone before the upgrade.  And, now, IF my phone decides to work, I'll have to set it up again, hoping that everything important got backed up.  Looks like this will be my last Droid.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CC35308, I want to make sure that we bring life back to your phone. Sounds like you have done a lot of the trouble shooting on the device already. While the device is stuck on the Red Eye have you tried to press and hold the power and volume down button for a good 10-15 seconds to do a power cycle? How long have you been having these troubles? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rusrockt23

I'm in the same boat.  A few days ago, my phone started rebooting on it's own, and today it rebooted and won't get past the red eye screen.  I've tried factory-resets and all the normal other potential fixes, but nothing.  I'm 4 months from being able to upgrade and in no position to pay full retail for a new phone right now. It seems like a new customer can sign up with a 2 year contract and get a 2nd Gen Moto X for $49.99, but a 10+ year customer who is 4 months away from upgrading has to pay $500?  I love Verizon but it seems like my best option at the moment is to find a new carrier who will buy out my contract.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rusrockt23,

Having a working phone is paramount in being able to enjoy our service! We'll take care of you so you don't have to look to another carrier. Do you happen to carry insurance on your phone? If so, then it can definitely be replaced.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rusrockt23

Thanks for the reply.....I don't have insurance.  All of my previous phone have worked great for 2+ years, so I guess I figured I didn't need if I planned on upgrading in 2 years.

0 Likes
Firebird_WS6

I've had a similar problem with my RAZR M.  I received my phone originally in January of 2013.  In approximately February to March of 2014 I encountered problems where the phone kept getting really warm and then would go into a restart cycle.  It would restart over and over.  I even went to the Verizon store and the employee did a factory restore with an attempt to save the phone. It did not resolve the issue.  I was told to get a new phone.  I ended up contacting Motorola directly.  Even though I was out of factory warranty they had sent me a replacement. Motorola was very friendly and helpful. 

A few weeks ago my replacement phone (had for one year) would crash occasionally and restart (nothing new was added at the time).  In the past 48 hours the phone began to restart after very little interaction with it.  Since last night, I've been stuck with the same red eye issue that others have been reporting. 

Both of my phones have never been wet, dropped, or abused in general.  I'm currently out of contract so am looking for alternative phones at the moment,but noticed this thread with others who have had similar problems.  I figured I would make a comment that I've had two of these phones which both ended up having the same problem after about a year.

0 Likes
Smak726
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just experienced the same thing with the dreaded red eye spinning and not powering on.  I was doing a google search when the phone started flashing, turned itself off and back on again.  When it came back on it looked like it reset itself as the background screen was now the droid red pipes not the picture i had.  I decided to turn it off to try to see if it would reset but nope now I'm stuck at the red eye.  Have been on with Verizon and Motorola support and none of the suggestions work.  Phone will NOT power off and the battery drains quickly.  It WILL charge but I need to get my contacts off this phone...I would think with as many complaints with the same issue either Verizon or at the very least Motorola could figure out how to fix this for all of us so we aren't losing pictures, contacts etc.  I supposedly had cloud back up but Verizon was rude and wouldn't help.  All my work contacts and pictures are on this phone, how is it that Verizon cannot provide me a file with this info?