Re: Droid Razr M won't boot
rockportnate
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. Verizon's only solution is to force the customer to buy a new phone.

I'm 2 months from the end of a contract. This is going to cost me 500-700 to buy a new phone.

I'm disappointed at Verizon and the MFG of the phone.

The guy at my local Verizon store even commented on how clean the phone was...no physical or water damage.

I still have some of the original stickers on the phone and I've had it for 22 months.

0 Likes
vodzman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had the same problem myself a few days ago. Motorola says my warranty is up and Verizon says buy a new phone. I'm not eligible until July unless I switch to Edge and then still can only pick one of two Motorola Droid phones anyway. I just think that if a contract lasts 2 years then a phone with no physical damage should be able to last 2 years. Someone needs to own up and take care of this. It seems to be a pretty common problem.

rockportnate
Enthusiast - Level 1

Too bad. This cost Verizon a customer (me).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi rockportnate!

We definitely don't want you to leave us, we'd be devastated! has any troubleshooting been done on your device? Is this happening randomly or all the time? When did it begin? Do you notice any sort of pattern (when using a certain app, a certain site, etc.?)

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mrFig58

my razr m has now started doing the same thing this morning. I have tried every possible trouble shooting recommendation with the exception of safe mode, because the phone does not fully boot. I am stuck at the red eye. I do have insurance on my phone, and was planning on upgrading my unit when my contract expired in july. This is very frustrating. this is NOT the first issue I have had with this phone. Multiple other issues such as the extremely hot exterior, losing ability to connect to wifi, and the sporadic self-reboot. all since the automatic system update to version 4.4.2. i really like the ease of use, when it works. I will be visiting a Verizon store tonight. hopefully, they actually assist me with this issue, or there is a good chance that you will lose a long time customer (since 2000) and a Fios subscriber since 2008.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi mrFig58!

I'm sorry for any issues with your RAZR M! We definitely don't want to lose you and are here to help. You mentioned that you have tried all possible troubleshooting except safe mode. What have you tried already? Have you since been able to get the device in safe mode?

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Brock63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted Verizon about my rebooting issues last month as I was scheduled for trip to Canada I had planned for 15 years and finally able to go...and worried I would need phone in emergency and it would not work or keep rebooting on me.  Well it happened....needed it as soon as I was in Saskatoon and it was a pain the the rear...took me two hours to make simple phone call and try and get some help through my banks emergency services.  I almost through it off bridge and went and signed up for TMOBILE.

Found after putting in airplane mode to limit roaming data and voice charges...that it did not reboot as much so guessing it is tied to the radio feature of phone somehow.  Used it to take video and photographs during the 8-9 days in Saskatchewan and as soon as I hit Min-StPaul airport I turned it back on....it started rebooting and then before boarding plane it was stuck on the lightning Droid Eye (now called RED EYE OF DEATH).  It stayed like that for my flight...my 3 hour layover in Atlanta...the 1 hour flight to home airport...and was finally dead when I got home I am guessing from battery.  Took out SIM and SD cards...cleaned them and tried to restart with one or none in and no difference.  Plugged into charger and got it to go into charge mode and stay off.

This morning it was charged and tried to power on...went to RED EYE and stopped there...hoping it finally boots when I get home.

I am eligible to upgrade in another week (25 June) but if I could have gotten a replacement or early upgrade before leaving this would never have happened.  Now I am in jeopardy of losing video and pictures on a trip I planned for over a decade to remote Saskatchewan because nobody at Motorola or Verizon will acknowledge the problem and offer a solution other than total replacement.      I have asked in separate post from my original inquiry about ability to pull data off internal memory but if I cannot get into SAFE MODE or something after wiping cache partition I fear all is lost.  NEVER will buy Motorola device again....and serious considering a different carrier as have been disappointed in the non-response other than WIPE CACHE, RESTART TO FACTORY, Etc from Verizon for past year or more hundreds of others have experience EXACT SAME ISSUE.  Irresponsible.  I work in Cyber Security after 21 years previously in military and would never recommend Motorola products if this is how they are handled after only 18-20 months of service and they are starting to implode with no help, fixes or support other than....We are sorry!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brock63,

I am truly sorry for the issues you are having with your device. We do not want to see you go or lose your pictures from your long awaited trip. I truly understand how frustrating it can be when your device is not functioning properly and you are jeopardy of losing such great memories. I see you previously stated that you had a SD card in your device. By chance were the pictures and videos you took stored on your SD card or did you have VZ Cloud set up on the device prior to it no longer powering on? Unfortunately, once a device is no longer able to power up there is no additional steps to take to get the device to power on other then trying to place the device in safe mode or a factory reset. Have you contacted our tech support team again about possibly getting a replacement sent until we are able to process an upgrade?

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tinger17

It is simply pathetic that Verizon won't fix this Red Eye of Death thing.  It IS fixable by reinstalling the flash image on the phone.  It's technical, but if you know what you're doing, can be done in about 10 minutes.    When VZW phone support throws up their hands on this, their hands are just reaching for your wallet. Verizon just wants another sale, not a happy customer.

Search for Mr. Blue Coat tutorial on restoring the stock Verizon KitKat 4.4 if you're up to the task and don't care if you might actually brick your phone that's ALREADY acting like a brick.  There are other sites and solutions out there. Mine is fixed and runs great.   Your mileage may vary. Good luck.

0 Likes