Droid Maxx Front Facing Camera Problem
Izzy333
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unable to switch my camera view from rear camera to front. I could switch the view yesterday but an error saying that the camera was not working popped up. Now to day I can not even choose to switch my camera view. I've tried a soft reset as well as safe mode. If I must I'll try a factory reset but I'm hoping some one has experienced this issue and can tell me how to fix this.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
Re: Droid Maxx Front Facing Camera Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh boy, we want to make sure that you can take all of those great selfies! Please clear cache on your camera http://vz.to/1ddrIMX and reboot. If no change, and it still wasn't working in safe mode, the factory reset would be the next step.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dgm458

I too am having this same problem.  I thought at first it was due to an app that uses the camera so I erased all apps and shut the phone down and restarted.  no dice.  When the problem first started, I could shut the phone off and restart it and it would work for awhile before doing it again.  I've now restarted the phone 50+ times and performed a FDR with no success.  I've also followed the advice given to clear the app data and force stop to no avail.  the camera app can only take "selfies" for some reason.  After an app force stop, when the camera is first initiated it defaults to "selfie" mode and the icon is present in the lower left corner to revert to normal camera.  However, when it's pressed it instead snaps a "selfie" and icon disappears permanently.

HELP!!!!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I posted and Thread in the Droid Maxx Forum of the new 4.4.4 update OS that is suppose to help the camera have you gotten the latest update and is causing this issue or is your phone still on the older OS if so you may have to do as MarquiaF_VZW described and clear the caches on the Camera and possibly the System cache either one should resolve the issue and running a Power cycle on the phone can help as well..

Give these options a Try let us know if it helped or not.. b33

0 Likes
dgm458

I am running the 4.4.4 OS and the camera had all updates installed.  I tried uninstalling updates and disabling camera, reinstall and update.  Still no success.

I've cleared the cache on the camera multiple times AND the system cache twice with no success.  I've also performed a Full Data Reset, taking my phone back to the stone ages.  It updated every app and the OS to 4.4.4.  Still doesn't work.

I've Power Cycled the phone too many times to count now, including leaving it powered down for more than an hour at a time.

Problem still exists..."let me take a selfie"

Pfft

0 Likes
B33
Legend

O boy Smiley Sad  I thought this new update was going to help the Camera and in other area's in the phone that was to get updated, whats odd is if there was and issue as is unfolding,  ones running the Soak Test would of stopped the push out of the OS but sometimes OS's can get the nod to be released to succumb to then causing troubles..

If more customers report issues as your doing here then the update will be stopped..  Or I hope it will be..

As for removing the OS once your phone accepts the Download it can't be reversed.. but you might try using Google Camera see if you can use the front facing camera using this app.. Let me know if it works.. b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dgm458, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you too! Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your device? Try uninstalling any unwanted applications and power your device off/on to soft reset. Keep us posted. For more device support, click http://vz.to/1mYb1xP

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
stevenschluter

I'm having the same problem - have restarted, deleted cache, etc...   lasinah_vzw

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

stevenschluter, we don't want this to be an issue for you too! The last resort to resolve this issue would be to back your device at Backup Assistant or Gmail and then master reset your phone back to factory settings. This will ensure that any software issue is removed. I've provided the steps on how to reset your device below:

From the home screen, tap APPS
Tap Settings
Tap Backup & Reset
Tap Factory Data Reset
Tap Reset Phone
Tap Erase Everything.

Keep us posted and let us know if this works for you.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
kellyab

We just got the phone. No front facing camera. I've tried every reset. Still nothing.

0 Likes