Droid Maxx 2 Security Updates
SUSCRU19

There have been a LOT of Android security bulletins issued this year, but no updates available since the last one I downloaded in March. Are we going to get any updates or are any in the works? Are we going to get Nougat?? Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx 2 Security Updates
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone is two years old based on its original release date. It is very unlikely to get anymore OS updates and it is highly unlikely that any security updates will be released either. In either case, Motorola is the one making that decision not Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SUSCRU19

2 years old.....wow, that's old. Kind of like buying a new car and after two year the air bags deactivate, the headlights stop working, and the brakes work intermittently. You can still "drive" it, but only during the day, don't get in any accidents, and keep your hand on the emergency brake. No problem!

If I have to buy a new phone every two years to keep security updated it won't be from Verizon.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

It is kind of similar to a car purchase, but also quite different. It’s pretty much exactly like any other electronic purchase though, so you’re correct, you can buy new phones periodically from any manufacturer, carrier, or third party sellers to get newer software and hardware options.

0 Likes
SUSCRU19

The same except I have a phone that is a computer, but it's not supported, like a computer. Comparatively you're pretty much put on the do not resuscitate list almost as soon as you walk out the door whereas my desktop, laptops, Roku, etc. are supported and updated for years, not just 24 months. I'm certainly glad I've never stored any CC info in Android Pay or other wallet apps. Security just isn't taken seriously enough by the manufacturers and the providers, and apparently they could care less. This attitude is responsible for all the headlines you see month after month regarding data breaches. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SUSCRU19, your loyalty is golden to us and we definitely don't want to lose you as a member of the Verizon wireless family. Please know that your security and the security of your device is important to us. Currently we don't have information of new software updates. This link provides the latest software information you seek http://vz.to/14N84ef. JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SUSCRU19

When I tried the link I got "an unexpected error has occurred."

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes