Data usage alerts not working
c_brookhart
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last month, I contacted Verizon Wireless Support regarding concerns with the data usage alerts not working. The support representative could not tell me why the alerts were not working, but the alerts were reset and I was assured that with the next billing cycle, the alerts would work. Moving forward to the current billing cycle, I happened to login to my account and look at device usage. My data usage was over 50%, and I have the default alerts set. This means that once I reached and went past 50%, I should have received an alert.

What I am expecting is a text message to be sent alerting me that I have passed an established data usage limit. While I haven't yet gone over my data usage since establishing service, last month and this month have been close to the limit on my account. I would rather not pay data overages, so I need to understand why the alert system is not working.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Data usage alerts not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello c_brookhart
I'm so sorry your having issues with the alerts. I would like to look into this with you. Please accept my follow request and send me a private message.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
drobells

Same thing for me, did they fix it or tell you why it did not work?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

drobells, I want to make sure that you are able to get all of your alerts on your usage. I know how important it is to know where you are at through out the month. Have you been able to receive usage alerts before? If so, when was the last time you received an alert? What calling plan are you currently on? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes