Re: Data Problems Getting Ridiculous
herrmdawg

I've had the exact same problem in Louisville since the beginning of June with a Droid Bionic and a Droid Razr.  Since June, I've been to Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Detroit, Memphis, and Atlanta with absolutely no problems with my 4G connection, but in Louisville I have identical problems as stated by the original poster.

I would think after a month and a half, the problem could at least be acknowledged, but I'd rather it just be fixed to the level that I have come to expect from Verizon.

0 Likes
Jomby
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone else thinking class action?  How can you be charged for data when it isn't ontap reliably all the time.  I'm down to .4GB usage of my 2GB plan because I can't surf and can't use apps that rely on data connection.  I only have 5 more days in my monthly cycle! At minimum they should pro-rate our charge and charge us for that which we manage to consume.

FluteChick
Enthusiast - Level 2

You make an excellent point, Jomby. I'm getting data maybe 50% of the time. It's incredibly frustrating. A Verizon tech called me to talk about it and I didn't have access to another phone at the time so he was supposed to call me back on my work phone the next day and he never did. That's the extent of the "help" I've gotten from Verizon. I've had this problem with my HTC Thunderbolt and now my Razr Maxx, so I don't think it's the phone. SO frustrating! So, what do we do next?

0 Likes
FluteChick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am feeling very optimistic about last night's upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich - haven't had a moment of bad connectivity since the upgrade.

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

I started having the same problem about a month ago in the Seattle/Tacoma area.  But when the ICS update hit the problem cleared up (this was within a few days of the problem starting).  I have had no problems since (unless the signal is really weak).

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

When i first received my razrmaxx i too had data drop outs regularly. At least 4 or 5 times a day going from 4 bars of blue to the 4 white bars. the airplane toggle most of the time would would bring it back. I also had a hard time getting the hotspot to connect to anything for more than a few minutes without disconnecting and having to reboot. I really didnt think the ics update would correct this but it did. Knock on wood ive not  had a single data drop or a hotspot issue since the update. Ive not found a single issue yet. Maybe im the lucky one because i hear of all sorts of problems since the update. I hope everyone gets their issues resolved as the razrmaxx is quite pricey for something that doesnt deliver as advertised.     Good luck       Jesse

0 Likes
drum_thumper
Contributor - Level 1

I really have not had any problems yet either except a couple minor issues that I can live with. I have had ICS now for almost a month with little to no data issues (mainly in low reception areas).

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I'd just Like to Wrangle Cowboy  some of it..that. 4G Data..

sheilalauck

Ever since Verizon updated the system my service has been poor. I have to re-boot all day in order to get any online service. I never had this problem with the old system. I wish they would figure this out. I m getting frustrated and will cancel service if this continues.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

As Many have Had to do i think it's in your interest to do a F.D.R.: From the Reboots you have had to Do i think it's Time to Call Customer Service 1-800-922-0204 then inter Option 3 when asked What is the Issue Just Ask to Talk to a Representative Make sure when your Trouble shooting it's from another Device so Tech can help assist you on your Razr.. Good Luck Sheila b33Smiley Happy

0 Likes