DROID Razr MAXX HD unmounting SD card issue
Jake-V

Hi,

I have a Droid Razr Maxx HD purchased earlier this year. I have been using a Samsung 32GB class 2 card that I had from a previous device and it has been working fine up until about a week after the 9.18.79.xt926 software update. My phone now does not recognize any data that was on my SD card. I understand the other posts about trying a different card, or a higher card class, but this is the first time I received this issue. I have restarted my phone and removed the SIM/SD several times and it didn't resolve the issue; however, every time I replace the SD card, the phone goes through the usual recognition process of an SD card and upon completion states "SD card is ready to be removed" or something along those lines. Has anyone else had this issue or a similar one? Is someone able to help me?

Thanks,

Jake

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: DROID Razr MAXX HD unmounting SD card issue
BubbaX

Jake,

I too have am experiencing a similar issue since the last update. have a Droid Razr Maxx and occasionally (often) get a message "SD card unexpectedly removed" even though it is there. Sometimes a reboot will fix but when listening to music (stored on SD) the player will suddenly stop and I get the same message. Re seating card will sometimes fix sometimes not but it keeps reoccurring. May be a trip to the Verizon store soon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jake-V and BubbaX, thank you for your post and we can certainly get to the bottom of the issue. Have you tried your SD card in any other devices like a phone, camera or computer since this issue started? If not, please do so to test. Jake, after removing and inserting the card, are you able to view data from the card or do you get that message right away again?

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jake-V

Marquia,

I have not tried testing the card in another device (at least not one since I initially switched phones and used the same SD card.) After removing and reinserting the card I get the usual "Preparing SD Card" message and then I immediately get the message of "SD Card safe to remove." During this entire process I am not able to view any data on the card.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Maxx HD might have Formatted the Card when you installed it Into it.. Possibly!  If you have an card Adapter insert your Micro SD into the Adapter and then insert it in a Card Reader on your Computer see if your Contents show up on your Computer if they are there)  They haven't been Formatted if there not showing up on your Computer more in Likely your Maxx Formatted the Card..

0 Likes
BubbaX

There is nothing wrong with the card. In fact, I can see the contents (mostly music) until I get the message that “SD card unexpectedly removed” but I have not removed the card! Then I look later and the contents are there. I discovered the problem while listening to music (while doing yard work) and suddenly the player stops and I see the message. This behavior seems to have started after my last system update.

Bill

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Bill Please don't Post your Full Name on the Forum It's Ok to post your First Name the Mods won't do anything there but Full names will be Removed..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information Jake-V! Lets try to test out in another device. If the issue persists, please send me a private message with your name and mobile number so that I can better assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow me on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi BubbaX,

Thanks for checking this information! Is the error appearing on particular songs? Where was this music downloaded from? Can you delete the song, then download the song? I think the music file maybe corrupted. The next step would be a Hard Reset http://vz.to/tQ0nkT on the device to repair any software that did not restore properly after the update. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
BubbaX

The error occurs randomly. The music was copied from my music library on my home PC. I have not tried a Hard Reset as you describe. I did not have this issue until after the last system update.

I will a Hard Reset if the problem continues….

0 Likes