Constant Power Cycling after JB Update
tcamillej

I am having experience dozens of power cycles throughout the day on my RAZR MAXX HD since I completed the last software update. My phone reboots every 24-30 minutes throughout all day. Even when I am not using the device, it will power cycle. I tried to clear the cache but I am still experiencing the same issue. Are there any additional steps I can take to resolve this problem other than a factory reset?

Should I try to clear the cache a few more times?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Constant Power Cycling after JB Update
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

You could also try booting up in safe mode just to rule out the possibilty of an app not playing nice with jellybean.  before the factory reset.   It has been my experience that a factory data reset has solved most of the issues ive had all but a few.       good luck                                                                                           Jesse

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I would Factory Reset it but just the F.R. don't mess with the Internal and External Storage). And it might be your Sim Card if the Card was touch in any way by your fingers or by an installer  ( Store Rep. ) it can cause many issues do to Static Electricity & an the Oils in your Fingers..

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Factory reset will kill anything on the internal memory.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hum..  i knew it would do a part of it but not all of it when i use to do F.R's in the past BudOne..  Wildman always told me to F.R. but leave your internal and external alone so i guess what he Met by was the Files.. i need to change some of my wording Smiley Happythanks b

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Only option on my device is not to include the SD card when doing a Factory reset

0 Likes