Charging Issue
bfunk4571
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't get my phone to charge. Droid RAZR MAXX. I have tried my home, car and office chargers and nothing. I took the SIM card out for about an hour to see if that would help. It did not. I did a soft reset but don't have enough battery to get my phone to stay on long enough to check my settings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Labels (2)
Re: Charging Issue
Mss2

had the same problem this morning, woke up to a drained battery in my Droid RAZR and saw that the charger was not charging.  Tried several other wall chargers, all which had worked the previous day,  all to no avail.  The phone was not registering that the charger was even attached.  Lots of well documented issues with the battery in the RAZR, so I am going to attempt a battery replacement to see if that is a fix to the problem.  As a fall back, I will use my son's RAZR (same model)  which he abandoned for an I-Phone due to all the lock up and battery issues with the RAZR.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello bfunk4571,

We all know that being able to charge your phone is a necessity to enjoy your wireless device and service. Rest assured as we will get this taken care of with the utmost sense of urgency. May I ask is there any physical or liquid damage on the device? What's the last thing that happened to the device before it wasn't taking a charge? Can I assume that you tried to charge the phone without a case on the device as some cases make it more difficult to make a secure connection. If so then please sent me a private message so we can explore options.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

mjgendron

I need help my phone just started to not charge and it is my only phone what if something happens to my kids I need this fixed!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mjgendron, let's not even think about something happening to your kids. As a mother, I totally understand the importance of having a phone! Is there any physical or liquid damage on your device? Have you tried connecting your device to an alternate charger to verify if this is a charger issue or device issue?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Jp9

I can't figure out how to start my own question. My droid razor m went dead really fast today. I brought it home put it on charger. Hour later I went to use it and it has not charged at all but it is so hot. I removed case and unplugged it. It is getting hotter by the minute. It is too hot to even ouch now without risk of burning. What is going on?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Just ta make sure are charging with the Original Motorola OEM charger that came with the Phone ?  Or something else usually charging with some other device other than what came with it can Raise some flags because of not always meeting the same requirements of a OEM charger)  A Motorola charger is specked out and rated for the phone it goes with so if your using the Box charger and are seeing this there is either something that is malfunctioning in the battery and or the charger and it's causing the battery to take a Higher rate of charger thus causing the heating your seeing in your phone I would take it to your Local Verizon store and have look at what it is doing and see if they can replace it for you..

Good Luck. Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have you Tried a Power cycle or you may want to Run a Cache clear see if that helps you may have something trying to interfere with charging and doing 1 or both of what I suggested may help)  Let us know what happens b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh my, Jp9. That definitely is not how that great phone should be functioning. B33 had a good suggestion about the OEM charger, and also to take the phone and your current charger into the local store. This way we can complete a hands-on investigation of your phone to determine what may need to be replaced. Find your closest store by visiting http://bit.ly/3SdsA.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes